Recommendations for (PIXMA) Canon i6000d replacement ink?

stisev

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,
I had to recently retire my MP780 due to broken auto-feeder (scanning function), large size, REALLY clogged up head.

Anyways, I'm using my backup Canon (PIXMA) i6000d. I used to buy Abacus 24/7 Private inks then went to Hobbicolors wonderful transparent refillable ink on my MP780.

I need recommendations! I would love to use Hobbicolors for my i6000d, but they unfortunately don't have refillable cartridges for the photo colors for my i6000d printer which really sucks. I loved being able to use all of the custom cartridges Dave provided.

Now I'm stuck. I don't know which cartridges to use. For me, two things matter the most (in order)
1) Ink that does not clog my printer
2) Price

I am looking for a generic cartridge (preferred) or refillable (that come with transparent cartridges).

Quality is not a concern. I don't do any production work and most of my stuff is basic printing for directions, crap, etc. Off topic, but I will be considering using InkSaver 2.0 to further reduce my ink printing demands if I cannot find a viable refillable/generic cartridge solution.

Can anyone help?

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
If you liked Hobbicolors ink, why not continue using it and refill original Canon cartridges?
Contact Dave, he can provide silicon plugs for you to seal the refill hole.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
If you use the German durchstich method, you will not even need these plugs... thus saving money. Just look on ebay: these empty original Canon cartridges are nowadays very cheap.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
stisev said:
Hi all,
I had to recently retire my MP780 due to broken auto-feeder (scanning function), large size, REALLY clogged up head.

Anyways, I'm using my backup Canon (PIXMA) i6000d. I used to buy Abacus 24/7 Private inks then went to Hobbicolors wonderful transparent refillable ink on my MP780.

I need recommendations! I would love to use Hobbicolors for my i6000d, but they unfortunately don't have refillable cartridges for the photo colors for my i6000d printer which really sucks. I loved being able to use all of the custom cartridges Dave provided.

Now I'm stuck. I don't know which cartridges to use. For me, two things matter the most (in order)
1) Ink that does not clog my printer
2) Price

I am looking for a generic cartridge (preferred) or refillable (that come with transparent cartridges).

Quality is not a concern. I don't do any production work and most of my stuff is basic printing for directions, crap, etc. Off topic, but I will be considering using InkSaver 2.0 to further reduce my ink printing demands if I cannot find a viable refillable/generic cartridge solution.

Can anyone help?
See here :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hobbicolors-Med...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1234|293:1|294:50

And here :
http://home.eol.ca/~mikling/Ordering.html
Mikling is a member here .

Refilling genuine Canon carts is the preferred route, even over Dave's generic carts with the nylon screw.

rehardwick

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stisev

Do keep in mind that the following printers use the same print head, i860, MP750,760,780, ip4000. If the rest of your printer died, but the head can be cleaned, hang on to it or sell it on ebay.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
stisev said:
Hi all,

You can purge a BCI-6M cartridge and refill it with PM ink. And you can refill a BCI-6C with PC ink same way too. You just need to stick a small label to them to show they contain PC and PM ink.

Canon OEM ink cartridges are the best. Forget about compatible cartridges. Once you refill OEM ink cartridges you will agree with this suggestion.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
FYI Hobbycolors is still selling BCI-6 non chipped cartridges in the in a refill kit. He may still the blank cartridges separately. You might e-mail him to see if he will make a custom order with the BCI-6 cartridges. Here is a link to his e-bay web page, you can send him a message from there.
http://tinyurl.com/lnxvex