Re-glue ceramic part to print head

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think cross contamination can also be caused by a leaking cartridge. The leaked ink can form a film on the nozzle plate, and as the print head normally operates at a slight negative pressure at the ink inlet, the leaked ink might be wicked up in to the nozzles for the non leaking colours.

Could this have happened with this iP4000
?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have taken several of these heads apart and never seen any evidence of adhesive in mine, one of the heads is still in use today after assembly with no adhesive and no colour contamination..:)

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I think cross contamination can also be caused by a leaking cartridge. The leaked ink can form a film on the nozzle plate, and as the print head normally operates at a slight negative pressure at the ink inlet, the leaked ink might be wicked up in to the nozzles for the non leaking colours.
Could this have happened with this iP4000?

Thank you for the link, I did not read it all yet, BUT:
After seeing these contaminated carts I took a second look at the original set of my "4 years idle" ip3000 (which I had pulled out first of all) - and I have to correct myself:
These are not "all grey", in fact only the yellow seems to be really contaminated.. have a guess with which color: magenta!
(Well I guess that it's mainly magenta. Regarding the potential black contamination of the ip4000: there is NO photo black in ip3000, and the text black channel is more seperated from the color channels to intermix, I THINK.
edit: Looking at the brownish yellow I have to admit that the cyan also might have flown in... but I doubt that textblack can be involved..)

Here is a photo of the carts and some drops of ink blown out of each cart:
ip3000cartsafter4years_ji.jpg ip3000colorsafter4years.jpg
(BTW both previous owners of the two ip3000 obviously were using OEM!)

So the intermixing in these carts, i.e. the yellow cart, is the same as the intermixing which happened to me after I had cleaned the head and hoping to have a good one. After some HOURS of idle the yellow would become reddish.

Same with the other ip3000, rarely used, probably idle times of weeks, not years..

Maybe that the QY6-0064 (all ..?.. or certain batches..?) has a weak sealing of the Y channel somewhere?

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
My PIXMA 6700D has this problem with new print head.
Printer has a purge external container.

On another printer PIXMA 6700D same head without any problem, but it has NO purge external container.