R2880 won't come on

Martin 2011

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r2880
Hi all,

I'd just changed the inks in a Marrutt CIS system and went to try my R2880 and it failed to come on afterwards. Having plugged it in and pressed the power button, the power light gave a half-second flash, went out and then nothing. Turning the power button off and on again has no effect - not even the flash, but if the power lead is disconnected or turned off at the mains, the power light will flash once again when the power button is pressed. And that's all it does.

Any ideas anyone?

Martin

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
hmm, a CISS does not have any electrical connections anywhere so it could be difficult to relate the CISS to a power on failure. I don't have an idea what would happen with the R2880 with a complete blockage of the carriage - blowing a fuse ? So I only see the option to deinstall the CISS temporarily and to go back to the previous configuration.

Last edited:

Martin 2011

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r2880
You're right about the CIS - no electrics, so I doubt that that has an impact, but I wonder if the process of installing and bleeding the inks may have disturbed something. I'm planning to deinstall as part of the process, but I'll have to move the carts around manually - is that advisable?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The behaviour of the printer's power supply indicates that it is shutting down due to an overload or a short circuit. Could the CIS have leaked ink that has caused damage to the printer's electronics?

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
The behaviour of the printer's power supply indicates that it is shutting down due to an overload or a short circuit. Could the CIS have leaked ink that has caused damage to the printer's electronics?
if it have some damage cause leaks, normal print withouth cis system can't be done neither so test with normal print.

Martin 2011

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r2880
That's all very true, thanks. When I get back to it, I'll investigate mechanically rather than electrically as I have already.