Quality of photo printed by ET 2760

hummere77

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 2760
A few months ago, I tried to buy ET 8500. When received, its LCD screen never showed up "Start Here".
After returning it to the seller, I purchased ET 2760. It looks very convenient and easy to setup. I have no problem with printing B&W texts.
The quality of color prints generated by ET2760 was not great. Before then, I had Epson Artisan 1430 (ink jet printer). The inkjet printer always produced beautiful color prints. I used to print on letter size glossy papers. I loved it very much but it was dead. I feel that ET system could not beat its inkjet printer on quality wise. Does any body have experience with ET-based printer for printing color prints? I wish to get recommendation on any ink color printers (Epson or Canon). Hummer77

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The quality of color prints generated by ET2760 was not great.
The ET-2760 is a standard multi-purpose printer but not a dedicated photo printer, it uses larger droplets and does not have additional light inks so you cannot expect the same print quality.

But what is it in detail - do you have a color cast - or less contrast - poor blacks - or ???? which make a difference with prints between these printers ?

Please make a simple test - use the matte paper setting in the driver but print an image on glossy paper - an image which contains some pure blacks - a print on a small 4x6 inch sheet suffices - and what do you get - can you wipe off the black ink from the print ? If so your printer is using a pigment black ink which gives you a sharper print on copy paper but blacks are mixed with the C and M inks as soon as you switch to a glossy paper setting in the driver.