Project? - i1Pro cradle needed

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
problem is that the electrostatics does not work as expected, very weak.
I had a similar problem with a base plate - diminishing electrostatic voltage. I was taping down the patch sheets with Scotch tape 811 removable , the stripes can be re-used several times.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hmm... On the advice of the ArgyllCMS mailing list I downloaded and installed iProfiler 1.8.3 as it still allows you to measure your profile charts without needing a license.

So I've installed everything and it's all recognised and passing iDiagnostic tests but when I attempt to use the iProfiler Measurement in Advanced mode, I can set the target points as indicated each time and it will start about 4 rows down (out of 22) and then get close to tracking a row before curving towards out of alignment. The further down the sheet it gets the further out of alignment it goes until it finishes way left after far fewer rows than it was supposed to do.
Horrible feeling I've got a complete lemon here but really unsure... Thoughts?

EDIT: Just to note. I've setup a new target using ColorPort as the source for the target, printed it off and again set everything up but exactly the same behaviour when coming to read the target. It just isn't tracking properly so it does look like I've wasted my time with this unit. Frustrating.

While not exactly the same this video is very similar although the publisher for the video seems to be missing that the scanner isn't even reading half the lines:

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may alternatively try to work with Colorport as a stand alone test, define a small patch sheet layout , print it and scan it , and you can enlarge the patchsheet for another test. There are 2 coding disks in the arms with an LED sensor to measure the angular positions of the scanning arm, and I have seen that these sensors can collect dust and cause erroneous readouts. You may find that positioning the spectro only works in a smaller range.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
There are 2 coding disks in the arms with an LED sensor to measure the angular positions of the scanning arm, and I have seen that these sensors can collect dust and cause erroneous readouts.
Ah... So, effectively the same as the timing strip and disks in inkjet printers then. Hmm... Any ideas how I get to them to clean them up. As things stand I've got no recourse for sending this back and I have all the tools I'll likely need, so I can take this thing apart to clean it if needed?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Okay so this gets weird now...

I've taken the arm back off (powered off obviously), turned everything upside down, etc... Rotated everything to their limits, etc... then put it all back together and assumed it was game over for now.

Then I decided to make a video of the actual problem so I plugged everything back in again and started making a video... except this time the ruddy thing worked!

So, we appear to be back in the running and next up I need to work out how to export the CGATS file format options for AgyllCMS to read them in.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That's good news; I took an arm apart - but in a way that I couldn't get it back in working condition again, a ribbon was broken and it had an electrical fault.