1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: CLI-42 cleaning fluid
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Problem with refillable ink cartridge on an epson wf3620

Discussion in 'InkJet Continuous Flow Systems' started by djkokalis, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Nov 4, 2018
    apetitphoto

apetitphoto Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
    The Hat likes this.
  2. Jan 24, 2019
    djkokalis

djkokalis Getting Fingers Dirty

Hello again to all.
    My printer still having the issues with printing. I am beginning to think that it probably should be a printer head problem. I contacted EPSON which they advised me to send them the printer to check it themselves. The printer is still underwarranty so why not.
    I was asked if I was always used original cartridges so I said yes unless one time I used not genuine.
    What I have to do before sending the printer to EPSON? Can they see from the firmware that I was not using epson originals?
    Is there a way to fix it?
    Many thanks

3. Jan 25, 2019
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310/382/1800, P400, Pro7600
    the WIC Reset utility in the status report is listing cartridge replacements separate for OEM and non-OEM cartridges for lots of printers, so use of 3rd party cartridges is stored. But this depends on the individual printer firmware, just run the utility to find out, there is no way to reset that data.

The Hat likes this.
  4. Jan 31, 2019
    websnail

websnail Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
    One thing that I noticed you didn't confirm is whether the same nozzles re-appear as missing or not so that would be a big clue.

Putting that aside though my money would be on dust, gunk and/or biological contamination. Any ideas how old the ink is and how is the ink stored when not in use... That might provide the biggest clue.

In terms of moving forward, I'd be tempted to suggest getting a fresh cartridges and ink batch for the black and see if the problem fixes itself. If it does it's almost certainly the ink batch itself...

The Hat likes this.