1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Improved Heat Box
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Problem with refillable ink cartridge on an epson wf3620

Discussion in 'InkJet Continuous Flow Systems' started by djkokalis, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Aug 20, 2018
    djkokalis

djkokalis Getting Fingers Dirty

Hello there.
    I have used refillable ink cartridges on my epson wf3620 for a few years now and I didn't have any issue with them. The past few days the black colour doesn't print correctly. I have tried the head cleaning utility but it doesn't seem to work.
    Is there anything else you think I should do to fix it?
    I am attaching both photos of the Nozzle check and the ink cartridges themselves. I am using dye based ink

Attached Files:

The Hat likes this.
  2. Aug 20, 2018
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310, L382, L800, Pro 7600
    is the black ink as well a dye ink - or pigment ink like in lots of Epson home office printers ? You may download
    and use the WicReset utility which offers you a function 'Ink charge' which is effectively a long cleaning cycle. Don't use it multiple times unless you see a real improvement, it otherwise just fills up the waste ink bin. Please print a nozzle check before and after each of such cleaning cycle to check for two details - does the number of missing nozzles drop and are the still missing nozzles at the same location or do they move around ? Missing nozzles moving around are not really clogged in most cases but there is an issue with the ink flow or small air bubbles trapped here or there .

djkokalis, PeterBJ and The Hat like this.
  3. Aug 20, 2018
    djkokalis

All inks are dye based. Both black. Will try wicreset utility as soon as I can and will come back with updates. Thanks for the tip

The Hat likes this.
  4. Aug 21, 2018
    djkokalis

You were right and thank you so much. I have tried the ink charge once and works perfectly. This is before and after the ink charge

Attached Files: