Problem with PGBK printing and beyond - Canon MG5750

noodlebum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
Hi everyone! So I've been having a nightmare with my printer over christmas trying to print anything, all the font's faded/wavy when I print things. I did all the different cleaning cycles many times and have changed the PGBK as that seems to be the biggest culprit, but it's still printing weird (see attached nozzle test and attempt at printing a document!). The Magenta and Cyan ones being sketchy doesn't worry me as much as they're low and I've got replacements for those on the way. But these are with a fresh new PGBK, and it's displaying the same problems as before I replaced it. It wasn't empty before being replaced either. It also printed a voucher which was meant to be blue, which came out in pink the other day(!) (and bar code still screwed up so couldn't use it).

The page I test-printed is meant to be the top of this page (but in b&w)... - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55521747

Is the printer itself broke? I'm presuming so, it definitely seems to have gone a bit mad. :oops:
If it needs an expensive replacement part I'll probably just go buy a new printer in the sale to be honest!

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_0001.jpg
    IMG_20210103_0001.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20210103_0002.jpg
    IMG_20210103_0002.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 285

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Is the printer itself broke? I'm presuming so, it definitely seems to have gone a bit mad.
Your printer is ok but the PG black on the print head has had it, this usually comes about from using non OEM inks, which cause the nozzles to overheat and not preform the way they should.

You may look for a new printer or get a new head (See below) in the meantime, and for now you can change your Media setting in the print driver setup over to photo matte paper and that will allow you to print as near normal, the printer will be a bit slower but your text won’t be highlighter proof.

https://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk/inde...om--prodsearch--string=QY6-0082-000&SUBMIT=Go

noodlebum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
Thanks both for your help! For now I have changed the settings to matte photo paper and can at least print a bar code finally :thumbsup

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have changed the settings to matte photo paper and can at least print a bar code finally
Reinforcing what our Moderator The Hat posted, Photo Paper settings will use the Dye-based inks and avoid using the Pigment Black ink. There is no water resistance. Moisture from weather or a finger will smudge the bar code and render it useless with Dye-based inks, unlike the Pigment Black ink used for text on Plain Paper setting.

noodlebum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
Reinforcing what our Moderator The Hat posted, Photo Paper settings will use the Dye-based inks and avoid using the Pigment Black ink. There is no water resistance. Moisture from weather or a finger will smudge the bar code and render it useless with Dye-based inks, unlike the Pigment Black ink used for text on Plain Paper setting.
Thank you, yes it will work for now but I definitely need to either sort out the printhead or look out for a new printer in the sales

Latest posts