Problem installing Epson p700 (Windows 10 Home)

westmaasmaarten

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sure colour p700
I purchased an Epson p700 this week and can't get it to print. It is supposed to be verry easy but it doesn't work. Is there someone who can help me with this? I shall explain my steps:

1) Out of the box I unboxed and installed the printer according to the epson product setup
2) I installed the drivers
3) I installed the Epson Print lay-out software

I wan't to make contact with my printer via wifi router (Both my pc and printer using the same wifi, I checked!)

After this the printer says it's ready, wifi is on and looks ok. I even printed an info-page from the little display on the printer itself and that comes out fine.

When I open up the program Epson Print Layout it looks good and the epson p700(network) is automatically selected.

But when I hit the 'print' button. Nothing is happening. Well... after what looks like a minute or so the ink level screen pops up (asking me to buy new ink! Why there are no full cartridges with the printer is a real bummer, but thats another topic). And after that my pc is saying there is an error with printing on sc-p700. And it says it can't print the image. But it doesn't say what the problem is or why it can't do it.

I can't figure out what the problem is. Any suggestions on what I can do. A direction where to look?

Bestand_000.jpeg

Bestand_001.jpeg

Bestand_000.jpeg
Bestand_003.jpeg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, westmaasmaarten. That is a beautiful printer!

did you install the printer using a USB cable…?
And, can you print with the printer wired to the computer?

• If you installed using a USB cable then try to print via USB cable.
  • If you didn't install using USB cable then uninstall all printer apps, unplug all cables with the printer, reboot, and then reinstall as if first opening up the printer box for the first time but using the wired USB method.
  • Call Epson Technical Support. It is a new machine and not working.

westmaasmaarten

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sure colour p700
The most obvious question to ask, did you install the printer using a USB cable…?
No I did not. I thought it was not neccesary. It supposed to be working through wifi alone. (Or am i wrong in this?)

westmaasmaarten

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sure colour p700
Welcome to the forum, westmaasmaarten. That is a beautiful printer!

And, can you print with the printer wired to the computer?

• If you installed using a USB cable then try to print via USB cable.
  • If you didn't install using USB cable then uninstall all printer apps, unplug all cables with the printer, reboot, and then reinstall as if first opening up the printer box for the first time but using the wired USB method.
  • Call Epson Technical Support. It is a new machine and not working.
The point was that you didn’t need cabels because it could work via the WiFi router (prefered option). I Will look if i got a usb cable somewhere to try that.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Running the setup with an USB cable - driver installation - printer setup - test prints etc lets you bypass issues with the network connection , and once the printer is working properly you can go and get the printer into your network - with additional obstacles as you experience - you e.g. may deactivate the firewall for internal connections , running a connection diagnostic if that's available as Epson software - or call Epson support .

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The point was that you didn’t need cabels because it could work via the WiFi router (prefered option).
We do understand your predicament, many of us having experienced the same with a variety of printer models and manufacturers. The advice given here is either from personal experience or repeated experiences of others.

People may be able to set up only via wireless but it seems too often hit or miss. Maybe Epson has perfected wireless-only installation. Maybe not.

The forum consensus is to start over again from scratch as I posted above. In this way you may be successful wirelessly if you want to try that route again, or, if not, install via USB and then once able to print via a wired connection then install the wireless function. Make sure the printer functions and then see if wireless sets up properly.

This isn't rocket science but a process of elimination starting with the most likely procedure for success the forum has determined. If our suggestions do not work, or at any time you want, there is always calling Epson Technical Support.

westmaasmaarten

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sure colour p700
Thanx everyone! With the usb cable it worked flawless. even without reinstalling I now know I can print. I Will try the WiFi route but i am very happy. Thanx for your knowledge and expererience!