Problem in CISS for artisan 810

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
my friends, i am in big problem i installed ciss from inkrepublic for artisan 810 and foloow all instruction
at first it working good but after 10 papers all colors became so light and disappeared,
i did head clean many times but not effect, it looks like the ink to comming from ciss to the head
all tubes inside the printer al full of air and ink drops
i am afraid that the print is gone
need your healp

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
Hi Dr. Alaa

First of all, contact your supplier..

Durning shipping your ciss could have been inverted, draining ink from the cartridges to the tanks.

Inserting empty ciss cartridges would induce air, to the ink tubes in the printer.

The ink in the printhead and tubes would allow you to print a limited amount of pages...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The process to purge air from our systems is as follows.... (hope you can use this same technique)

1. Remove cartridges from printer. (place on paper towels)

2. Remove rubber plug on the top of the cartridge. (examine ink level in cartridge)

3. Elevate ciss to start flow of ink and purge air from the cartridge.

4. Replace plug when ink is about 2mm from top of cartridge. (have a paper towel handy)

5. Repeat procedure for each cartridge.

6. Elevate ciss above the printer, this printer can have the ciss set above the printheads.

7. Install and check for ink tube constrictions.

Now run several printhead cleaning, pausing between cleanings.

cheers
LJH

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Make sure you remove the air vent plugs and also check for any pinching or squeezing of the ribbon tubes. That is likely the reason why the lines went empty.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
mikling said:
Make sure you remove the air vent plugs and also check for any pinching or squeezing of the ribbon tubes. That is likely the reason why the lines went empty.
To be more specific on this point, InkRepublic (IR) kits have tube clamps which need to be opened but you also need to check the tube hasn't remained constricted.

Also worth noting that most new IR kit owners tend to get the priming function wrong initially... It's often well worth taking a very deep breath, sitting down to re-read the instructions carefully and then re-priming the kit carefully, removing most of the air in the buffer. To be honest the little bottle provided with the kit is not the best tool for the job so if you have a luer slip syringe available that makes life a lot easier.

Any pictures of the current installation along with pictures of the buffers fill level, etc... would help diagnose the issue somewhat better.

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks for all of you guys
now i removed the ciss and installed damper refilling carts. then still the same problem, but i found that the upper lock small door is loose for all of them (when i finished priming and close this upper oppening still the ink dropped from carts) when i firmly closed the small door (upper opening) by plaster and reinstall the carts and did 3 cycles i found that the tubes inside the printer is now full of ink (great) i will test the printer after serial head clean and after excellent nozzle check,
then i will install the ciss but i am afraid that the problem will return.

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
guys
now the nozzle check sometime excellent and next time there missing parts??
why if i do head clean now it is missing some parts, after repeat the missing parts are ok and other parts missed??
how can i solve this problem?
how to install the waste ink bottle?

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
my friends
thanks for god, now I have 100% good nozzle check repeated 6 times, this is with
refillable dampers, now the printer is primed 100%.
I am afraid now from setup of CISS, i did priming for it, there is no any air bubbles
( may be sooo tiny ) i think it will not affect
i think the tubes my be a problem, as we install it from the front of the printer,
i will try to send the tubes through the printer to exit from the back, because i cant do
the method of ROSS Hardie as i already install the ciss i can it through the side of the printer

i will elevate the ciss bottle slightly 1 inch above the level of the printer to prevent
ink return, is it ok?

thanks my friends