Pro9000: Low ink warning not working for some colors.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The ink monitoring only works if there’s enough ink in the reservoir to cover the prism, otherwise all bets are off...
When I said the printers reacted slower to the sudden drop in ink levels, I meant it didn’t happen as you might expect it too under normal circumstances, but only minutes pasted before the printer brought its monitoring up to date
Just to clarify this for me... in the scenario of a reset chip and NO ink in the reservoir when the cartridge is inserted into the print head, the optical sensor does work but the warning from the printer of low ink is delayed when compared to the same warning issued when the newly inserted cartridge starts off with at least some ink in the reservoir side.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I still think that there’s a fault somewhere in the optical monitoring system of the printer, affecting all colors.
One way to further isolate the cause of your issue is to try a new OEM Canon cartridge for the Yellow and/or Red colors. In this way you may best remove the question of a chip failure. Not a 100% assurance that the logic assay board (or something else) is not at fault as @Redbrickman said, but it may prove useful in diagnosing the issue.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just to clarify this for me... in the scenario of a reset chip and NO ink in the reservoir
Here’s a better clarification of a reset chip and no ink in the reservoir, when the cart is inserted into the printer, once you do that you’re on your own, the printer will ignore everything and give no warnings and run the print head into the ground with no apologies.:smack

If you have a reset chip and a little ink in the reservoir, yes, the printer will be a bit slow at reporting at low ink time, but the delay will be only minutes, and the printer will still protect the print head. :cool:

If you try to trick the printer with any shenanigans, it will respond by tricking you into a false sense of security and act like a lemming and jump over the cliff... :hit

Scratch one perfectly good print head, and all in aid of trickery... :hu

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In Triplicate... :lol:
My The Hat Decoder Ring was on the fritz and I had to rely on the old school Ouija Board to translate you.

3897335.jpg