stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
That is a sweet price!

@timdafweak:

jtoolman has linked to an excellently priced print head. I forgot that since so many people bought the Pro-100 at an incredibly discount (after rebate) that eBay would be flooded with people parting out their purchases for profit. It is a win-win for all as long as the auction price remains below Canon's own pricing!

timdafweak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Thank you! I have a bid on the one on eBay, and bought two from AliExpress. I Have had good luck with them in the past. At 78 each, I think it is OK. Though More than what I paid for the printers back in 2013, still wayyyyy less than what these babies go for new.

In the meantime, I am trying to salvage the printhead. I have soaked in a windex bath - only the contact area - and will clean it with distiller water afterwards. Hope I can still save this one.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Thank you! I have a bid on the one on eBay, and bought two from AliExpress.

You purchased from aliexpress, china seller? May I ask a link? finding reliable sellers in china for non counterfeit not new etc. print heads is hard.

timdafweak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Absolutely. Here it is LINK

He was having a weekend sale for 25% off. I see the price is back up to 105.

Now whether or not it is genuine, I will let you know within a week or two. : ) I've had good luck with them in the past. Where the box was damaged, I have managed to get my money back without any problems.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Try a new Canon cartridge. That will tell you for under $20 if it is the cartridge or something else.

My PRO-100 is barely sullied. My intention is to run official Canon inks except for the black and grays. I have those ready from PC. My philosophy is that if you are running a "pro" printer for high quality prints, stick with Canon. For any other purpose, have at it. I certainly have.

timdafweak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Sorry I have not updated the thread for a few days now.

It was the print head. I scavenged one from the spare Pro100 I have, and installed it with the same cartridges (after refilling), and presto, it all works perfectly again.

The warm windex soak + distilled clean didn't do anything to dislodge the blockages on the old printhead :(.

In the meantime I have ordered three spare printheads from eBay, in addition to the two that will come from China (I hope, one day).

Bummer about the one printhead I could not save though.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In the meantime I have ordered three spare printheads from eBay, in addition to the two that will come from China (I hope, one day).
Just to warn you... If you buy up the inventory of spare print heads on the continent then you may be a printer addict. :D:clap

timdafweak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
haha, I very well could be one! I just love my Pro100. It is only after a LOT of searching that I have found a printer that is economical and yet produces stunning results. I want to hang on to it for dear life.

Now the hard part - trying to justify it all to the Missus. :/