Pro 200 - Need help

kssharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 200
If the seller won’t give you the receipt, (PDF) then ask where they bought it, and then pass on that information to Canon, then they may honour the warrantee, all you’ll need is Date, Time and place.. Good Luck..

P.S. Stop doing Deep head cleans, they can destructive..

Sure I have stopped doing deep cleaning. Seller isn’t very cooperative but hoping to hear something from him.

kssharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 200
Just an update:

Someone from the Canon tech support team called me after chat support failed to resolve the issue (chat support took control of my system and tried many setting changes that didn't help.)

The gentleman was quick to notice an issue with the nozzle check in the PM color and determined what you guys have been saying. The printhead is defective. He placed an order for the replacement printer which I'll be getting sometime next week.

Happy it turns out well in the end. Thank you all for the support and help. Really appreciate it! 🙏

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The printhead is defective. He placed an order for the replacement printer which I'll be getting sometime next week.
Excellent. Let us know what happens with the new print head. :thumbsup

kssharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 200
Excellent. Let us know what happens with the new print head. :thumbsup
Sure, They actually replaced the complete printer as the printhead wasn't available in the inventory. I am hoping it's either a new or refurb unit :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am hoping it's either a new or refurb unit
If I were you I would be very reluctant to accept a refurbished one..

O’ Congratulations, on your great result..
That’s what happens when you come to the best place for advice..;)

kssharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 200
If I were you I would be very reluctant to accept a refurbished one..

O’ Congratulations, on your great result..

That’s what happens when you come to the best place for advice..;)
Indeed and thank you!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I am hoping it's either a new or refurb unit
Either one's better than a broken one. ;)

Agree with The Hat --- prefer a new printer. That said, refurbs done by Canon will come with a new print head and cartridges, operationally checked out, and likely in like/near new condition.

Just looked and there are no refurbished printers for sale on Canon USA. Refurbs do have a 1 year warranty which is the same as for a new printer in the USA.

OP ostensibly paid less for a used printer and winds up with a new printer with full warranty. Not too shabby. Canon warranty is awesome.

kssharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 200

Agree with The Hat --- prefer a new printer. That said, refurbs done by Canon will come with a new print head and cartridges, operationally checked out, and likely in like/near new condition.

Just looked and there are no refurbished printers for sale on Canon USA. Refurbs do have a 1 year warranty which is the same as for a new printer in the USA.

OP ostensibly paid less for a used printer and winds up with a new printer with full warranty. Not too shabby. Canon warranty is awesome.
Yeah, I don't mind even refurb since it is coming directly from Canon. I'll report back once I have the printer.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4

Canon USA waranty is awesome. In Europe ( and probably elsewhere ) it's a very different matter.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canon USA waranty is awesome. In Europe ( and probably elsewhere ) it's a very different matter.
To Feckin right it is, Canon EU are miserable bastards.. It’s like trying to get blood out of a stone..:mad:

Last edited: