Pro 10s magenta

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250

José (@jtoolman) gives good advice here.

For testing inks I adopted this procedure to prime a cartridge:

Before changing to another ink I flush the cartridge (warm water and Fairy, then 10-20 times tap water, finishing with demineralised water).
The last flush is with "pharmacist solution" to restore the surface tension of the sponge (something José did not adapt, that's why the first refill takes a lot of time).
Then 2 flushes with 1-2 ml ink. Suck empty until 16,40 g.
I fill by dripping ink until 32,50 g and squeeze the cartridge (bottom up) until all foam has disappeared and only ink comes up (as José told, but see Martin's aka @websnail video from long ago ;)).
Once a cart has been prepared like this you can refill it by dripping in 30 seconds.

After placing the cartridge with the new ink I print a few of @The Hat's cartridge stress patterns, followed by full pages of the colour. I've seen temporary banding in some cases when the mixed ink passes. Wouldn't like this to stay in the printhead.

Sorry to say but the message you can switch inks without flushing is for commercial reasons.
It works most of the time but not always.
We could have avoided the subject of this thread.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9t9Y3as5Sw
I have just viewed this José video on refilling, and I can only say it’s Feckin ridiculous, he beats around the bush and makes the refilling of these carts look very very difficult, when in actual fact they are not.. I don’t know why he feels a need to do this:hu

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9t9Y3as5Sw
I have just viewed this José video on refilling, and I can only say it’s Feckin ridiculous, he beats around the bush and makes the refilling of these carts look very very difficult, when in actual fact they are not.. I don’t know why he feels a need to do this:hu

He has to fill a video every day ...

I think @Borut mentioned this one because José talks about the air/foam in the carts and he thought this caused the magenta problem.

As José confirms here air cannot do much harm since it is in on top.
But there should be no air in the bag at all, therefore a weight of 32-33g is a good control.
I still weigh my carts, although when you squeezed the air out - and verify this every time, it is not strictly needed.
Resetted chips show empty long before all ink is used, there is at least 2 g safety margin.

PGI-9 and PGI-72 are the easiest cartridges to refill, but you shouldn't adapt too sloppy habits either.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
he beats around the bush
Speaking of... that video needs a Parental Advisory label on it. He talks in code about fornicating - mating, hugging, o-rings and spigots. Filthy! :th

Were you the one to discuss this drip method first on the forum?

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
PGI-9 and PGI-72 are the easiest cartridges to fill
I think the old Durchstitch method was the easiest. No weighing, no sucking, no mess, no plugs, no vacuum, and all done under visual observation with the old PGI-5 / CLI-8 cartridges.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I think the old Durchstitch method was the easiest. No weighing, no sucking, no mess, no plugs, no vacuum, and all done under visual observation with the old PGI-5 / CLI-8 cartridges.

For me Durchstitch worked with 525/526 carts for 2 years, afterwards I had constant ink feed problems, despite many flushes and reconditioning.
Threw everything out ...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I think the old Durchstitch method was the easiest.
You may think the old Durchstich method was easy, but the Pro 10 carts are even easier, you don’t have to make any holes in the cart, you just reset and refill it, no alteration.. Nothing else is needed that's my point..There’re a Refillers dream.. ;)

Latest posts