Pro 10s magenta

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
at the moment the magenta flushed card is working ok.
Iflushed card whit 12ml windex in and out 20 times.

Good to hear this, Borut.

I flushed one again at least 20 times also (with Fairy + added ammonia) but I still see some clots of magenta behind the maze.
Was your cart 100% clean ?

Happy New year

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
first atempt did fail i did see 2 clots and then i did it again then whas ok.Print nozzle is now clean printed as razor :)
Sponge was not clean white after cleaning.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
first atempt did fail i did see 2 clots and then i did it again then whas ok.Print nozzle is now clean printed as razor
I still don’t reckon it’s the magenta that’s at fault here, try leaving your cart overfull with cleaning solution and let it stand like that overnight, some of these issues don’t go away easy and are hard to explain.. But in @Borut case, he cracked it using patience..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I flushed the magenta cart again 20 times with Fairy and ammonia, another 20 times with demineralized water and a last time with pharmacist solution.
Printed 12 A4 photos (in standard quality against my habits) with a nozzle check every 2 prints.
The magenta did not show any defect, but - as mentioned before - the same problem started to show up in the red.
Only slightly, and it was gone the next nozzle check, but it was there.
After replacing the cart with OEM red the problem was gone.
I think I will give the red cart the same treatment ...
IMG_20200105_0003.jpg

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Or try using a PGl-9 cart.. :thumbsup

I tried already cleaning a PGI-9GY and filling with PRO-10 octo-M, but it did produce the pattern again after 1 print.
Maybe I did not flush enough whatever substance causing the problem.

Based on my experience today there would be arguments for the case that pigment built up in the printhead is flushed by changing to OEM, but I suppose @Borut did not pass via OEM and then it should rather point to processes in the cart.

In the latter case flushed and prefilled PGI-9 carts, where you transplant the PGI-72M chip could be a way around.
But that's not sure yet.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I think I will clean ewery cartrige now when i see thah palombian haw same problem now whit red.
So this carts are not so great and easy to refil enymore!

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I tried already cleaning a PGI-9GY and filling with PRO-10 octo-M, but it did produce the pattern again after 1 print.
Maybe I did not flush enough whatever substance causing the problem.

Based on my experience today there would be arguments for the case that pigment built up in the printhead is flushed by changing to OEM, but I suppose @Borut did not pass via OEM and then it should rather point to processes in the cart.

In the latter case flushed and prefilled PGI-9 carts, where you transplant the PGI-72M chip could be a way around.
But that's not sure yet.

go to store and buy windex :)

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I think I will clean ewery cartrige now when i see thah palombian haw same problem now whit red.
So this carts are not so great and easy to refil enymore!

Did you use Octoinkjet red ?

I am quite sure it will only happen with magenta and red, these are the difficult colors for 3th party manufacturers.
You risk to create more problems with cleaning when it is not needed.