Pro 10s magenta

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
yes,but for now is all ok.
But however i did get a full set from PC inks so........you now after use full flush...before refiling whit pc inks :)

Edit:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I would indeed flush before switching from one 3th party ink to another since not all additives are compatible.
Only with OEM it is supposed to be tested for unwanted reactions.

@Borut 's experience the octo magenta is OK after thorough flushing encourages me not to abandon these inks too soon, even if it is only for the (in my opinion very satisfactory) red.

I agree the PRO-10 is less easy than expected based on my knowledge of the 9500, but I did not buy this printer to have the same results.
Instead of accepting 80% of the result for 20% of the price of OEM I think 90% for 30% must be possible.
Since both Octoinkjet and Precision Colors suggest a cocktail, I could as well make my own ;).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Since both Octoinkjet and Precision Colors suggest a cocktail, I could as well make my own ;).
The problem you have is that not all pigment inks can be safely or easily mixed together, dye ink yes, pigment ink not always.. :confused:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The problem you have is that not all pigment inks can be safely or easily mixed together, dye ink yes, pigment ink not always.. :confused:

My intention is not to mix different inks into one cartridge, only to choose a different manufacturer for some colors.
I am aware that there is a danger on the moment you change the cartridge, so when switching between 3th party inks I print a few full color pages to be sure.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
With all this panic about Octoinkjet magenta (and red - my fault, or is it prudence ?) I operated my printer with several configurations.
Here the profiles:

yellow= all octo
blue= octo + magenta OEM
green= octo + red OEM

IMO this inkset is quite well balanced in this direction, I wouldn't give it up too soon ;).

PRO10_MR_OCTOvsOEM.jpg

Latest posts