Pro 10s magenta

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I haw problem whit magenta channel.
i dont now if is cart faulty or head sealing...after cleaning is ok
then i print a4 and channel stops printing in full it get missing nozzles.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Based solely on what you have written is sounds like ink starvation. Have you tried a different new or known working cartridge to see if this resolves the problem?

More information would be helpful. Please scan, crop and post a nozzle check.

Do you use new OEM cartridges, aftermarket cartridges, or refilled cartridges? IF refilling, is the cartridge used OEM or aftermarket and what brand/supplier of ink is it?

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I haw 2 sets of OEM carts.Refiling whit Octo inks for pro 10s.
So pushing down gently magenta cart did solve the problem.
I noticed when i change cart next day printer head pulls in also some air.
So its a Sealing problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Borut, If your magenta cart was not properly locked down and sealed that will give you poor ink flow, but once back in place, then a normal head clean will solve all your issues, run a nozzle check before any further test prints..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Maybe not related to this case, but I had also clog problems with magenta in my Pro10s. That was after starting to refill OEM carts with Octoinkjet. The problem disappeared for a while cleaning the printhead out of the printer but it reappeared in a few days, although to a lesser degree. Switching back to OEM ink and, later, to Precision colors PGI-72 magenta fixed totally the issue. I reckon it was an occasional batch of faulty ink because all the olther Octoinkjet inks never gave me the slightest trouble.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
In my case is not octo ink faulty ,,,but magenta cart sealing on print head.....mybe buying new magenta oem cart can improve that but my carts are not so old.I refiled them 2-3 times.Mybe is Octo ink i duno. I always lock and push to click the cart down.But now extra light puch help to seal it down to 100%

Artur haw are you content whit PC inks for pro 10 versus octo?

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
@Borut, If your magenta cart was not properly locked down and sealed that will give you poor ink flow, but once back in place, then a normal head clean will solve all your issues, run a nozzle check before any further test prints..

I always push cart to click......it is strange after cleanig nozzle ok but after printing 20% of a4 page air did get in.
Now after click and extra light push is ok.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Glad to hear you’re back in business again, no need to worry about these PGl-72 carts because they are practically indestructible, if you’ve had some problematic ink, a good purge will cure everything… But don’t forget to shake the refill bottle before refilling…

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Glad to hear you’re back in business again, no need to worry about these PGl-72 carts because they are practically indestructible, if you’ve had some problematic ink, a good purge will cure everything… But don’t forget to shake the refill bottle before refilling…

I take care to not allow air accumulating in the carts.
This becomes apparent when drip refill slows down when nearly full.
Small quantities of air can be removed by pushing on the refilled cart - outlet up - until no foam comes out anymore.
Always keep the orange clip on.
In case of doubt, suck out all the ink - and air - with a modified clip, let the foam settle and inject or drip the ink in again.
Carts with dried ink can be rinsed with "pharmacist solution", this helps to recondition the inlet maze of these carts too.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I whach constant to take air out.
Moust air acumulates in CO cart.
If i cant take it out i use siringe and pull out all ink and foam.Then i rotate al and i push back only ink.When it comes to foam i do stop and drim what is need to be full.