Pro 100 refill question

HomerS

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430, Pixma Pro-100
New to the forum so maybe I have missed the answer to the question I have. I have done a bit of searching in this and other printer forums but wanted to make sure I understand the current state for refilling the Pro 100 carts. I noticed in the post by The Hat on the best and poorest canon printers for refilling the following info:

Pixma Pro 100 Clear CLI-42 Resetter No Use CLI-42 Carts Easy Refilled.

I am completely new to the concept of using other than OEM ink - but it certainly seems to be the way to go if I want to markedly increase my home printing output (and I certainly do). After looking at the Precision Colors website and others, here is what I think I understand about this particular printer - that the OEM carts can be refilled with third party inks - but I don't see any third party cartridges available at this time. Is that correct? Also it is unclear to me what inks you would use.

In a few weeks I am going to purchase a new printer and I have pretty much pinned it down to the Epson 1430 or the Pro 100 - and from what I read I am leaning to the Pro 100. Thanks so much for any answers and advice.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
As far as I know there is no 3rd party refilling Inks and Resetter yet for this one.
Though I see that Precision Colors has a tap for the CLI-42 on the website but it's still Empty!
So if you do get it, don't use up your OEM inks too quickly.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The problem of not having a complete ink set for the Pro 100 yet can be fairly easily overcome by profiling.

It would only be necessary when using the high gloss photo papers
which the OP would most lightly do anyway.

My two cents worth.. :)

HomerS

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430, Pixma Pro-100
Thanks Guys! It looks like if I want to start refilling immediately I need to go with the Epson 1430.