Pro 100 keeps getting clogged

DHL

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100 & IP-7270
Hello.

I have Pro 100 that I'd used with Precision Colors. I neglected the printer for a couple of months (or much longer) and my group 2 is not printing at all.
I tried to soak the print head and all that and the printer works fine again. But it returns to get clogged after a few days. I tried 3 times soaking the print head, and the results were all the same. (Only works for a few days.) Any idea how I should go about it? I read somewhere from Mr. Hat that I need patience and time to solve it, but I'm not quite sure what I need to do.
I have the same story recently, but happened in group 1 (PC, M, Y, PM). I clean the printhead when this occurred, after that to get a temporary workable printing for just few days, then it happened again. From time to time, I replaced the printhead with a brand new from Canon. I hope this is not caused by non-OEM ink, as I believe PC ink is the best so far in the market as most of Canon Pro-100 user reported that.

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
I have the same story recently, but happened in group 1 (PC, M, Y, PM). I clean the printhead when this occurred, after that to get a temporary workable printing for just few days, then it happened again. From time to time, I replaced the printhead with a brand new from Canon. I hope this is not caused by non-OEM ink, as I believe PC ink is the best so far in the market as most of Canon Pro-100 user reported that.
What do you mean from time to time you replaced the printhead? Did you replace it several times? Does it work fine now?

DHL

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100 & IP-7270
What do you mean from time to time you replaced the printhead? Did you replace it several times? Does it work fine now?
Sorry, I mean from time to time the existing one can't be recovered (cleaned) any more.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I clean the printhead when this occurred, after that to get a temporary workable printing for just few days, then it happened again. From time to time, I replaced the printhead with a brand new from Canon
There is something terribly wrong with your working procedures, because print heads just don’t fail that quickly.

You must be doing something very wrong to have that many disasters, you shouldn’t have to constantly clean the head externally, in fact very rarely do they need manual cleaning at all.

Maybe the problem is your cartridges not providing you with sufficient ink flow and it makes you think it’s a clog in the head that won’t clear, I’d go back to the start again and get a new set of cartridges and see how long they work for without producing a mythical clog…

DHL

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100 & IP-7270
There is something terribly wrong with your working procedures, because print heads just don’t fail that quickly.

You must be doing something very wrong to have that many disasters, you shouldn’t have to constantly clean the head externally, in fact very rarely do they need manual cleaning at all.

Maybe the problem is your cartridges not providing you with sufficient ink flow and it makes you think it’s a clog in the head that won’t clear, I’d go back to the start again and get a new set of cartridges and see how long they work for without producing a mythical clog…
Thank you for your comment, "The Hat".
If this is the case, I would ask how the 4 colors in the same group their cartridge have ink flow issue? This is hard to happen coincidentally.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is hard to happen coincidentally.
That’s my sentiment exactly, I only suggest the carts as the issue because 95% of the time they usually are, but if you’re sure, then you’ll need to give the purge unit a good flooding and flushing out with Windex, (Cleaning) if the purge unit is failing to provide enough suction it can cause all sorts of problems..

DHL

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100 & IP-7270
That’s my sentiment exactly, I only suggest the carts as the issue because 95% of the time they usually are, but if you’re sure, then you’ll need to give the purge unit a good flooding and flushing out with Windex, (Cleaning) if the purge unit is failing to provide enough suction it can cause all sorts of problems..
I heard purge unit cleaning but know nothing about the proper procedure other than to ruin the unit due to mishandling. If a good Youtuber to give example, I will definitely give a try on this. Always appreciate your help to those in printer trouble.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What I want is a YouTube video to show the whole process.
I do not have one. Have you looked for one?