Pro 100 keeps getting clogged

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Hello.

I have Pro 100 that I'd used with Precision Colors. I neglected the printer for a couple of months (or much longer) and my group 2 is not printing at all.
I tried to soak the print head and all that and the printer works fine again. But it returns to get clogged after a few days. I tried 3 times soaking the print head, and the results were all the same. (Only works for a few days.) Any idea how I should go about it? I read somewhere from Mr. Hat that I need patience and time to solve it, but I'm not quite sure what I need to do.

Last edited:

star boy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100, Epson 3800
Hello.

I have Pro 100 that I'd used with Precision Colors. I neglected the printer for a couple of months (or much longer) and my group 2 is not printing at all.
I tried to soak the print head and all that and the printer works fine again. But it returns to get clogged after a few days. I tried 3 times soaking the print head, and the results were all the same. (Only works for a few days.) Any idea how I should go about it? I read somewhere from Mr. Hat that I need patience and time to solve it, but I'm not quite sure what I need to do.
You did not mention wht kind of ink you are currently using? Stick with nothing but oem or pc inks and no other ink brands else other brands will clog the printer. OEM yellow ink It will bind up if you mix even a trace of oem yellow ink with pc yellow ink within a yellow refilled cartridge. If your using pc inks to reflll The yellow ink cart you refill must not have even a trace of oem yellow in it if your refilling it with pc yellow ink or it will affect the printhead with clogs. Just a trace of oem yellow ink left in a refilled yellow cart that is refilled with pc yellow ink will cause the printhead to get clogged. The only way your going to tell if your printhead is really clean is if your printing nozzle checks from the printer utility program directly after you clean the printhead. YOU MUST DO THIS. The nozzle checks showS IF all the ink channels are perfect or you have not cleaned out the head properly. Once you get ALL PERFECT NOZZLE CHECKS showing on the printoutpage then start printing daily multiple FULL COLOR prints using either oem or pc ink only and not any other ink brands because other brands they will clog the printhead. Using PC ink or OEM ink only will work to remove old ink clogs and keep the lines free and head unclogged...make sure the yellow ink channel shows a perfect nozzle check because of all the issues associated with using pc yellow...also keep the paper exit tray door closed when you not using the printer because it will help keep air from getting up into the printhead area

Last edited:

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
You did not mention wht kind of ink you are currently using? Stick with nothing but oem or pc inks
Hi star boy, I use Precision Colors ink. I knew about the yellow ink issue, so I followed the instruction from PC. I think my yellow is fine as my group 1 nozzle check is fine. It's group 2 that's blank. My nozzle check becomes fine after I soak the print head with Windex. But it gets clogged again after a few days. That's what's puzzling me. Why does it clog only after a few days when I have a perfect nozzle check and have been printing every day. Do you have any theory for this behavior?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Why does it clog only after a few days when I have a perfect nozzle check and have been printing every day.
Try flooding the purge (Parking) station a few times while you have the print head out of the printer, to see if the purge unit is the one that’s clogged up and not the print head..

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Try flooding the purge (Parking) station a few times while you have the print head out of the printer, to see if the purge unit is the one that’s clogged up and not the print head..
Ooh, I have no idea what that is. I did some googling to no vail. Are there any posts or links you can direct me to?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ooh, I have no idea what that is.
This is the purge unit, you’ll find it in on the right side of the printer… Purge Unit 2.jpg click to enlarge..

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
This is the purge unit, you’ll find it in on the right side of the printer… click to enlarge...
Thank you for your help. I will need to do some research on how to flood this thing.
I will come back and ask some more after that. Really appreciate you guys for spending your time to help.

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100

Okay. Did some study. Please let me know if this is the correct procedure.
Move the printhead to the left after unplugging, then put Windex into the 2 purge pads. (About a full syringe)
Then try nozzle check. Repeat a couple more times.

Does this sound good?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Does this sound good?
Nope, no need to unplug the printer, just stick a large syringe in and squeeze out the Windex till the purge pads over flow, then close the lid and wait, then open the lid again and do the same, then print a nozzle check..

megaboy1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Nope, no need to unplug the printer, just stick a large syringe in and squeeze out the Windex till the purge pads over flow, then close the lid and wait, then open the lid again and do the same, then print a nozzle check..
Awesome. I will just move the printhead out of the way and perform to soak the pads. Will report back. Thanks!