Pro 10 print head going..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
...but, I assume, with somehow different formulation.
Maybe the printhead didn't like the mixture of inks.
I guess that's a distinct possibility but bit odd that Canon might have a difference in carrier fluid. Sounds like a process for flushing the printhead buffer would be useful to avoid that sort of issue. Outside of my experience to date but maybe something for the future.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Recent printers are more demanding on inks, when you put the SAE W20-50 oil from our youth in today's cars the engines won't make 250K km either.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Your the second person to mention problems with the Yellow on Maxify. My query about Maxify printhead cleaning started because of a customer with the exact same problem. I guess that's a distinct possibility but bit odd that Canon might have a difference in carrier fluid.
Isn’t that the same source of Yello Gello..
In my case its always the magenta that needs a bit of encouragement to flow, Delaney's donkey comes to mind, a head clean and its back at its best..

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
AFAIK yello gello is ( or was ) a problem with OEM yellow dye ink for CLI-42 carts and some aftermarket inks.
Never heard of this about any Canon pigment ink. Besides, in my case it was ink from PGI-2500XL carts and GI-56 bottles. Both inks being pigment OEM for Maxify printers, eventual mixtures shouldn't be problematic at all. This is the theory. In real life, who knows ?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Isn’t that the same source of Yello Gello..
My experience of the Yellow Jello was that Canon were using a co-solvent with their new dye and that this was falling apart and recombining poorly with whatever was diluting it (eg: minerals in tap water, compatible dyes, etc.) so I have my doubts. But it was never proven so I could be completely wrong.

In my case its always the magenta that needs a bit of encouragement to flow, Delaney's donkey comes to mind, a head clean and its back at its best..
Magenta has always been an issue in any pigment ink because of the high pigment load required to get bright colours from it. It has been an ongoing battle across the different brands so I'm not at all surprised it's an issue here too although the report of "Magenta Jello" is something I've seen zip of here.

Besides, in my case it was ink from PGI-2500XL carts and GI-56 bottles. Both inks being pigment OEM for Maxify printers, eventual mixtures shouldn't be problematic at all. This is the theory. In real life, who knows ?
The chemists would be the only ones and they may have messed up so they're not going to blab ;) I guess the old wisdom of trying to avoid mixing inks still holds true...