Pro 10 cyan issue

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Thanks for posting this. Certainly, much more informative and clear than the ambiguous text of the Pro10s online user manual.
Did you find that text in a manual specific for the Pro10s or it's from another model ?.. On my old printers ( Pro9000, IP4500 ) the error codes corresponding to 17 or 18 blinks are totally different.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The text cited by @The Hat explained the situation correctly and I was able to clear the errors.
No idea if this is specific to the PRO-10, as far as I can see it behaves as any other Canon printer.
Altough the messages were a bit more specific:
- showing the cartridge name PGI-72X SETUP (is this a different chip, or does this message is standard as long as the first cart is in the printer ?)
- "this cartridge has been empty before" (the previous owner tried to reinsert an empty cartridge)
Can imagine this scares the average user.

In a few days I'll have a resetter, empty carts and ink, no worries.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
In a few days I'll have a resetter, empty carts and ink, no worries.
Then you’ll have another beautiful beast to feed and play with..:)
Did you find that text in a manual specific for the Pro10s or it's from another model ?.
It’s from another Pro printer model manual.. ;)

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
- showing the cartridge name PGI-72X SETUP (is this a different chip, or does this message is standard as long as the first cart is in the printer ?)
I don't think that setup carts have a different chip, because, after you reset and refill, they are reported as normal cartridges. Maybe the firmware of the machine considers that, when the printer is new and unused, the first cartridge that you install is a setup unit and all the others installed afterwards (be it new or resetted) are considered as regular units Or maybe it's the resettable code of the chip telling the printer that this is a setup unit and when you reset the chip it reverts to normal.
One way to check this matter would be to put regular cartridges when you install the printer and see if they're reported as setup units or not, but I guess nobody has bothered to do that.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don't think that setup carts have a different chip, because, after you reset and refill, they are reported as normal cartridges.
Nope, the setup cart chips are different than normal cart chips, and always remain so, and this is evident because if you try to use Canons photo App. After you’ve reset the first setup carts that came with your printer, the App fails to work till you install a new set of carts..
One way to check this matter would be to put regular cartridges when you install the printer and see if they're reported as setup units or not, but I guess nobody has bothered to do that.
Because very few Refillers ever buy a new set of carts before opening the box on their new printer.. Maybe normal users might, but they don't come here for refilling advice..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Anyway the SETUP carts can be refilled to the same weight as regular ones (same as on the MAXIFY), so who cares.

An additional reason to mark them is to avoid reselling.