Printin,g transparant sheets with Epson SC P600 failed

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Epson didn't care about me... So, it is my last Epson.
Once your printer is out of warranty you are lucky if any of the manufacturers will even talk tech support with you.

If you like what Epson offers then buy it. Otherwise get a Canon or whatever. But don't expect any different treatment once the printer is out of warranty.

Mylled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p600
This printer is less than a year old, so, it is under warranty...

danny

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
OK. I had the impression the printer was older than that based on what you wrote in your first post:

This worked for years without any problem.
Seems, then, that Epson did give you warranty service, but they are not responsible for things going sideways when you use third party papers / transparencies. That is why they recommended you get Epson's brand of transparency.

Epson specs out their printer for their consumables. Epson will help you if problem occurs with Epson products and the printer is under warranty. Anything else and you are on your own. All the manufacturers will be like this to one degree or another.

You may have been talking with their Tier 1 support people, if Epsons stratifies tech support like other businesses. The Tier 1 techs may not know more than a script they are given to read to customers. They are not necessarily well experienced. If the Tier 1 tech support is not sufficient then ask for a Tier 2 support person or their manager to escalate the problem to someone more experienced to help you.

I'm glad the forum was able to help you. Ink Stained Fingers is amazing when it comes to Epsons The Hat is a freaking Oracle of printer knowledge.

Latest posts