Printer Use Turbo Simulator..... a New Product Category

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
if you don't have a resetter available you typically cannot reset chips at any ink level status which makes it impossible to reset all cartridges at the same time for lots of printers. Counteracting this limitation I have seen a kind of chip adapter/interface which allows exactly that for some new Epson printers like the P400, P600 and some others as I can see
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/P40..._1&btsid=6819c034-d3cd-4b96-9338-45b47c2185dd

This appears to overcome this resetting limitation , it's quite expensive, it's new and they know what people are looking for and willing to pay. It should be feasible to create a CISS with this adapter to overcome most of the reset related ink loss.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Some one has told me there is supposed supposed to be one for the P800 as well.
But I can not positively say it exists or does it work. There are videos on you tube.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
that Chinese company sells this chip decoder/resetter for the P400/600/800 and a range of wider Epson large format printers in the Surecolor range, but the savings effect would be much less on 200-700ml cartridges
and as well for HP large format design jets
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...160917132851&origin=y&SearchText=chip+decoder

Here's how I am running a 3880 with a low cost decoder board functionality. First I ran the Epson OEM chips in my piggyback ARC chips on my 3880. These OEMS were already reported as empty but were reset. After running on the 3880, they were then removed and placed back on OEM carts modified like how Joe recommends.
Now the 3880 runs without any ink counters. The carts are reported as unrecognized and no ink level shows but the printer runs fine.
I have never heard of anyone reporting this but it works! Did they need to be reset? I don't know. How long will it do this? I don't know.

This was not intended but I'll take it. So I'm running OEM carts without having to reset chips.....just need to weight and top off periodically.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this???
http://www.equnxin.com/list.asp?id=747

A friend from Argentina is currently using one on hi P800!

Joe
Make sure your friend does not update at all as this product only works on very early firmware versions.

Here's an interesting tidbit. I know I disabled the autoupdate feature on an XP610 on my computer. Then I updated to Win10. Yes, after the update at the end of July, I switched this printer on for the first time since that update. Did a nozzle check and came back minutes later....an autoupdate notification was on my screen. Interesting. I had to disable it again. Yes, this was a nozzle check after several months of no use. Well possibly another 6 mos of no use again. This is simply an aggravating printer....the XP600+ series. Epson shenanigans with their chip functionality and could seriously use a device like on this thread.

Why? it looks like Epson has locked down the use of XL chips to only OEM. The only aftermarket you can get to work is standard sized. The problem is that each time a standard sized is used, the priming process takes out about 10-15% of the capacity of the cartridge. Now with 5 cartridges needing changing, how far does one cartridge last?.....as low as nothing if you're unlucky and experience the domino effect. Typically about 50%.
What is the effect of this? Well because the XL carts are larger, the effect of priming cycles is less on the total ink capacity. However, on non XL sizes, with aftermarkets, the waste into the waste ink tank is phenomenal ( and it is small) and makes even one time use aftermarkets expensive to run. This is fantastic planning on Epson's part.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Remember this is the third Xp600-XP610 I had picked up. I knew that they really want to update firmware on this model as it had been the target of multiple updates. So I made sure I did not want updates. Dialog box tickoff....which was reset under Win10.

Long and short...take this printer off the list of desirables. It technically can print well, very well for what it does but it is not something you'd want to own. I've had three not because I like them because they can fail out of the box with bad nozzle checks requiring a depletion of your setup carts in no time.