Printer suggestion.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am looking for a printer for my son to print college documents,
No, sorry the Maxify is not a laser printer, but as close to one as you can get, it run as quick as a laser and is mostly trouble free, plus you get the added bonus of colour..

But when it comes down to it, Laser printers are much better suited for college document work..

turnpaper

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
just looking
man, I am lost. My cheap Brother all-in-one printer failed a few months back. It was great and I bought it because of the cheap cartridge availability.
So I bought another Brother. An MFC-J497DW because my old model is no longer made.

This printer has been nothing but trouble. I've spent hours on the phone just getting it to print, it won't scan properly with black smudges appearing on the scanned picture. It always reads "?" on some of the ink tank notices on the digital screen. I have wasted 3 black ink tanks, it won't read the tank and won't print. Even genuine Brother tanks! I'm done, it's not expensive enough ($110) to mess with anymore. I've only had it since June and it has worked maybe 1/3 of that time.

What do I buy for less than $150 which won't eat me alive in ink cost? I occasionally print color 8x10 posters for the band etc so Ink-Jet.
The Epson reviews are terrible. I guess Epson has now made their printers so they will not use any other brand ink and has admitted it in writing
personalized sticker labels. best all in one photo printer under 200 Seems to be the latest thing in printers, make your "software update" so you cant print once you update.
no response to this

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You'll get great colour vibrancy as dye inks tend to offer brighter and more vivid colours than pigment inks – especially effective for colourful portraiture or landscape images. Dye also works with a range of photo papers with the best results coming on high gloss media – ideal for album photography.

Brush Your Ideas
Spam is never too far away is it… :(

Latest posts