1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Best precision printer
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Printer suggestion.

Discussion in 'Everything Else InkJet Printer Related' started by antonisgeorgiou, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Jul 23, 2019
    antonisgeorgiou

antonisgeorgiou Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Search to buy
    Hello. I want to buy a printer to print comic books and after some thought I will use A5 paper size. I want an ink tank printer with monthly duty cycle 30.000 pages or more and preferably with all inks pigment. Are pigment inks good for comic books or should I use dye inks? I want them not to fade and be water resistant in order to last long with good picture quality. One user told me about Canon Maxify and I read about Epson WF-4730DTWF and WF-C5790DWF and I think they' re good but it would be better if they were ink tank printers. Can you suggest something? Thank you.

2. Jul 23, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    The Maxify is Practically an ink tank printer, the ink cartridges are huge and can easily be refilled, so what more could you ask for.. Check them out… ;)

3. Jul 23, 2019
    antonisgeorgiou

Printer Model:
    Search to buy
    Thank you very much.

The Hat likes this.
  4. Jul 27, 2019
    palombian

palombian Printer Master

Printer Model:
    Pro9500II, MAXIFY MB5350
    As far as I know ink tank printers use dye ink, at least for the colors.
    Not water resistant.

The WF-C5790DWF has a replaceable waste ink tank (at 50K pages), the Maxify not.

Th maximum number of pages for the Maxify is unknown (I guess at least 50K), but it can be refilled with ink of comparable quality as the original at 1/5 to 1/7 of the cost.
    Chances to ever be able to refill the Epson are low IMO.

If you plan to refill take a Maxify with the big cartridges (2500XL in Europe).
    When the waste container is full, buy a new printer.
    It will been paid many times by using refill ink, and probably the printhead will be worn out too.

PS: your target of 1.000.000 pages seems very high for a SOHO printer, do you already are sure about this or is it a projection ?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    The Hat likes this.
  5. Jul 28, 2019
    antonisgeorgiou

Printer Model:
    Search to buy
    I have 14.000 comic books in cbr format so if I exclude the ads pages I think it's about 1.000.000 pages more or less, which is 500.000 sheets of A5 paper or 250.000 sheets of A4 paper. I know it's a lot but I' m planning to do it in a depth of one year time, at least. Closing I want to ask sincerely a big thank you to all of you for your answers. Not only you try to help but you are very polite, too. Thank you.
    Please consider this post closed, I will post a new question in the inks related section.

The Hat likes this.