Printer stopped printing Magenta. Black also not clean and has white line in test

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma E510, Pixma G2010
Hi,
I have a Pixma G2010 and suddenly after a week or so it stopped printing Magenta colour (Not even a micro dot of magenta), the black colour also has a white line of some sort as per the nozzle print page but that maybe because of the no magenta colour.
I have attached nozzle test of FEB 2023 and APR 2023.
Also I have tried Deep Cleaning, Normal Cleaning, I even checked EEPROM data and my waste Ink pads are only 16.5% saturated.
Printer is around 1yr 1month old and under Canon Official Extended warranty till May 2025
All my Inktanks are 90-92% Full

Attachments

• IMG_20230213_0001.jpg
    IMG_20230213_0001.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 101

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_0003.jpg
    IMG_20230416_0003.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 96

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
After 4 Deep cleaning and 6 Normal Cleaning operation it's back to normal.
You won’t have your printer to long if you insist on running deep head cleans one after the other, normal head cleans are ok but deep head cleans will damage the print head beyond repair and that is not covered by warrantee..

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
You won’t have your printer to long if you insist on running deep head cleans one after the other, normal head cleans are ok but deep head cleans will damage the print head beyond repair and that is not covered by warrantee..
Normal head clean didn't solve the issue sadly, so had to resort to deep clean. Btw 2 of them Deep Cleans were today at 1AM and 2 were today at 11AM.
Will keep it in mind next time not to do frequent Deep Cleans.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Here some Canon advise for printhead cleaning

Air bubbles are not a problem as long as the nozzle check is o.k.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G6000 series/EN/NTR/ntr_t_03_03_c.html

Wait 24 hours with another deep clean

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/ap...034999/~/deep-cleaning-the-print-head---g3200
Thanks, this clears up many of the doubts. Never knew that Canon Inks had some sort of cleaning agent in them that needed 24hours to sort the issue out, so I did twice at midnight and another two deep cleaning in the morning.
I always had slight air bubble issue in my printer, maybe the printhead has some leak issue.
I also read Epson's report on why heated printheads burn out when stressed, so if I am able to sell this I might get an Epson. But I will ask here before buying to save another headache.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think the essence of the Canon statement about the 24 hr gap is that several deep cleanings after each other don't really increase the cleaning efficiency - you should give the cleaning agent some time to be effective, but it would not really make much difference if it's 24 hrs or 21 hrs or......But be aware that there could be other reasons for nozzles not printing - e.g. plenty of air in the tubes - or nozzles are worn out - and you cannot fix electrical problems with a nozzle cleaner , there could be a problem with the cleaning unit or some other reasons .

There are other mechanisms for clogs on Epson priners - it's in most cases not related to heat - it couold be infrequent printing - pigment residue build up at the cleaning unit, but it does not make much sense just to talk about them in general terms. Some models may not exhibit them at all - other printers might show them.

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I think the essence of the Canon statement about the 24 hr gap is that several deep cleanings after each other don't really increase the cleaning efficiency - you should give the cleaning agent some time to be effective, but it would not really make much difference if it's 24 hrs or 21 hrs or......But be aware that there could be other reasons for nozzles not printing - e.g. plenty of air in the tubes - or nozzles are worn out - and you cannot fix electrical problems with a nozzle cleaner , there could be a problem with the cleaning unit or some other reasons .

There are other mechanisms for clogs on Epson priners - it's in most cases not related to heat - it couold be infrequent printing - pigment residue build up at the cleaning unit, but it does not make much sense just to talk about them in general terms. Some models may not exhibit them at all - other printers might show them.
In my case I think the magenta part was dried out or clogged heavily as it wasn't printing even a single speck and printer was idle for a week or two and there might have been air in the magenta tube. My local Canon service station suggested A deepclean followed by ink flush but since deepclean solved it I won't do the flush as it consumes nearly 30-40% of ink.

Last edited:

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model

And now my Cyan is gone :he At this point I think it might be printer head/something wrong inside the cartridge as Ink Tubes are all full. Looks like Canon Service it is.
Edit: NVM, it came back after a cleaning.

Last edited: