Printer stands

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have multiple printers that I'd like to keep on line and in one place. Some are medium format. This is what I'm thinking of as a solution but if anybody has any other thoughts and can enlighten me I'd be most appreciative.
Am I overlooking the obvious or is this a seemingly good deal?
Thanks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170397471705

5255_printer_stand.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
filmguy
This printer stand was and is great for dot matrix but not for inkjets.
You would get two on it at most or remove a shelf maybe three then it would be worth it..;)

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My wife would be happy with three!

Simple consolidation... half are wireless and in the spare bedroom and the others are in the garage and one plugged into the box itself. Three might be the ticket! I'm thinking this is a reasonable price... I see a used printer stand, model specific (eBay for an Epson 4880 that is going for 75% of retail currently) so this option seems very inexpensive, hence my apprehension.

I'm trying to limit the humidity (Florida) for the garage printers and offer them a spot in the living room. Can you hear her now?

Any thoughts, again, are most appreciated. Anybody build a homemade solution or does your wife tolerate the sprawl?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I think my Epson Pro 3800 will certainly collapse down using these type of stands.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
filmguy Any thoughts, again, are most appreciated. Anybody build a homemade solution or does your wife tolerate the sprawl?
I can still hear the cries Why do you need so many.

I built a completely insulated den inside the garage at the end of my garden and is well ventilated
with as many fans as I can use, I am still thinking about an air conditioner.. :|

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
filmguy
It looks a nice piece of furniture but does the footprint of the 4880 fit on its 28 top.
The other table you were looking at is not a patch on this one, it's lovely but she might want it for herself.
Youd better cover the top with something or else her inside will tell you off for putting ink stains all over it..:D

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
In keeping with the KISS principle I cut three pieces out of a 1x12 piece of finished lumber - a top and two legs - and screwed them together. Applied a quick coat of combined stain/finish to match my desk, and I had a 30 minute solution to stacking two printers on my desk. Non-skid material under the legs will prevent it from sliding off of the desk.

I agree that the item pictured is a beautfiul piece of furniture. Too nice for my office!

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Done deal! My wife took to the idea immediately and we brought her home. Bit of storage underneath and actually is a very nice piece of furniture. Veneer yes, but all solid wood and well made/finished.
Actual pads under the 4880 are abot 18x22 while this top measures 28x28, but the actual outside dimensions of the printer overhang each side by a few inches. Perfect working height.

Everything works well... $50.00 solution! Cheaper than a server and I'd still need a stand orf sorts. Thanks for the enlightenment and encouragement!