Printer Smarter Than Realized

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
OK but how do you get to “Cassette settings” what the Feck do you press first..
I don’t get out much…:hide

Settings (with the screwdrivers, sorry mine is in Dutch), then the second (Device settings) and then 6 or 7th down.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I’m in the same boat of @The Hat (but he is rowing, while I rest .. ;) )

@palombian, first of all, are you using Mac or Windows ?.
If Windows, where do you start from ? i.e. -> ‘control panel’ then ‘devices and printers’, select MB5x50 -> ‘printer settings' or 'printer preferences' ?
Honest, I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find any screwdrivers or references to cassette settings.
Now, if you’re on Mac, that’s a different thing.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I’m in the same boat of @The Hat (but he is rowing, while I rest .. ;)
I'm still all at sea despite that I'm rowing.. How to get off the start up screen and past the screwdrivers ! !...:ep

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Settings (with the screwdrivers, sorry mine is in Dutch), then the second (Device settings) and then 6 or 7th down.
Please a screenshot. I think different language versions of Windows use the same images/windows.

Could the screwdrivers be this mini icon on the printer driver's maintenance tab?:

Maintenance tab.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Disable the paper tray micro switch with some tape and all will be forgiven, no more annoying messages.. Now what were you saying about this smarty pants..
Now that you're getting all technical about "cassette setting", please explain how to do your maneuver. Ya forgot to, Mr. Smarty Pants. 😷

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now that you're getting all technical about "cassette setting", please explain how to do your maneuver.
Seen as I can’t get @palombian great tip to work for me, I’m going to disable the micro switch, it’s in there somewhere so when I located it, I’ll put it out of action, I’ve got all the time in the world now because it will be at least another 6 or 7 weeks before I’ll get a chance to 3D print again…
I'll see if I can get a Pic of the location for you...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
it’s in there somewhere so when I located it, I’ll put it out of action
You sly old fox. You were hoping I'd find it and let you know. :frow

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
@The Hat, I’m not sure if you’re feck.. joking or not but that tip works. I jumped from our clueless boat to @Palombian’s and found out myself. Forget the driver settings on the computer and go to the printer’s LCD control panel. Drag the initial screen to the left until you find the infamous screwdriver icon (last screen, at the bottom). Push on it and you’ll find ‘device settings’. Inside this one there’s a ‘cassette settings’ submenu and ‘disable cassette reinsertion’ in a further submenu.

No need to mess with the switch inside the drawer ( unless you want to make a modified 3D version of that switch that could be externally toggled on/off. ;) )

There's the switch and the protruding tip at the rear of the drawer that pushes it.
In case anybody wanted to disable permanently 'cassette reinsertion', the easiest way would be to cut that plastic tip from the drawer.
MB-switch.comp.jpg

Last edited: