Printer Knowledge Forum Software Updated

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
@Nifty Just to note that I'm still not getting any emails from Printerknowledge. None are appearing in my email system spam filter or anything.

Going to try changing the email address to something completely different to see if that makes any difference at all.

I just received email notifications of this post. I also tested the password reset, and received that email.

So, the server IS sending out the emails. Unfortunately, once they leave the server, it's hard to know where they are getting lost or blocked.

Maybe try a different email (from a different provider) as a test, and if it goes through, you can possibly contact your original provider and find out why the emails are getting blocked / lost?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hi Nifty...

FYI, In desperation I tried using my gmail account to get back into the system and was finally able to get the requisite email.

I tried using a couple of the emails on my own dedicated server. Result was no emails ever received either as spam or otherwise.

Tested two other accounts hosted with wholly separate providers and ended up with the same non-receipt no all levels.

Thankfully, gmail worked and having delved into the mail headers in that I can now see what I think is causing the problem.

This is something that I've been fighting for months myself with my own sites so I'm well aware of just what a royal pain in the patookis they are but it looks like you need to spend some time going back over the mail server settings used to send out email and also the SPF and DKIM settings in printerknowledge.com's DNS settings.

I've found mxtoolbox to be pretty handy in this regard so hopefully that'd be of some help.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just checked and found that printerknowledge.com doesn't have any SPF, DKIM or DMARC policy settings applied at all...

Hope that helps...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Just checked and found that printerknowledge.com doesn't have any SPF, DKIM or DMARC policy settings applied at all...

Hope that helps...
Yup, that (and reverse DNS) are things we're looking into!

Latest posts