ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I already answered your question in post #5:
ghwellsjr said:
Epson printers use a mechanical method to eject the ink out of the nozzles while most other printers, for example Canon and HP, boil the ink which causes it to be ejected. Therefore you shouldn't mix inks between those manufacturers but with different printers made by the same manufacturer, there should be no problem. Also, it is not a good idea to use a pigment ink where a dye ink is supposed to be used because the pigment has tiny particulate matter that makes it more permanent on plain paper and can clog the smaller nozzles designed for dye ink.
It's not wise to put Epson pigment based ink which is designed not to be boiled into a different brand of printer that boils the ink.

But didn't you indicate you have Epson printer(s)?

trendsetter369

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
, dear Thanks for your reply. This forum should add a thanks button immediately so that we can express our feelings towards help by nice people like U.dear ghwellsjr .

Last question

This means

A pigment based ink can be used in another mfrs pigment based cartridge in case both use the same technology say boiling ink technology.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, in terms of risking the safety of your printer.

But, the colors may be off a bit. Even within the same company, different ink cartridges may have slightly different shades of color.

trendsetter369

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Yes, in terms of risking the safety of your printer.

But, the colors may be off a bit. Even within the same company, different ink cartridges may have slightly different shades of color.
:lol:Hats off to ghwellsjr for coaching me on this as I was a novus homo on this subject. Now I know the basic info and can take right decisions on printer buying/refilling

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
If I put dye ink to a pigmented ink cartridge (mine is HP564), in what case or what circumstance will it leak? How to prevent it?

(Will underfilling help in this case?)