Printer asking for reset code

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I will send you the tool for your 1400 as RAR file to you email.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jtoolman said:
Also the Adjustment Programs for older printers such as yours, only work when run from an XP machine and maybe Vista. The newer ones will work on win7. Since I have over 15 printers, I have to have a deicated laptop loaded with all the printer drivers and the Adjustment Programs. Some will work in compatability mode in Win7 and some will not.
Most will work with compatibility mode with a couple of exceptions but you often need to run in compatibility mode with "Run as an admin" ticked as well.

The photo 1400 is easy to reset though and is covered by an AdjProg too...

Now beyond that I have to ask myself why you lot forgot about Printer Potty kits, etc...
*wanders off to shoot marketing bod before realising he is the marketing bod*

GeekStyle59

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry, websnail, but I had never heard of the Printer Potty. As a result of your post, though, I figured everything out thanks to Google and youTube; ordered aquarium tubing and tubing connectors; set up my own waste ink system using an old ink bulk ink bottle yesterday. Waited until today to try printing from that printer and discovered ALL IS WELL.

HOWEVER, I took time today to tend to my mostly neglected (taken for granted) Artisan 725 with its CISS and, Oh, Lordy, what I mess I've gotten myself into! First of all, I think I made a huge mistake in routine operation with the CIS (this one is my first). I let the ink go down below the tube which sticks down into the bulk ink container portion of the CIS. Shouldn't have done that, huh? When I began this morning, the nozzle print check was giving solid lines in all except the black ink. I ended up cleaning the heads twice and ended up with breaks now also in the magenta ink. So I fill my CIS with all the inks I had enough to so that the inner tubing is now covered because the real tubing that runs between the bulk ink tank and the carts is showing no ink just before the cart in the cyan tube.

Long story short, things got worse before they got better. And they are still bad. One of the things I probably should not have done (squirt some alcohol on the things that accepts the inks inside the printer) is what I think created the now suddenly appearing "Inside parts reached end of service life" message on The Artisan now. (Well, at least I have the tubing and the connectors ready to go!)

Do I gingerly remove the carts and try to draw out some ink from the tubing which is now showing air? It's now three tubes with air in them. Funny thing is that both magentas have no air, yet I'm getting nothing out of the printer for either of them. OR, should I purchase a whole new CISS and just start over?