Print to DVD disk

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

My understanding about these Canon Printers is they are made to be sold in the UK or here in the USA and that is why you can adapt some of the Mods to be able to print on DVD/CD's...I have used one for years and it does a great job all around. So with a couple of modifications you can be able to print on DVD/CD's...And you usually have to by the tray that is used. But these Epson printers are made to do this whether sold here or abroad.. These are the only 2 printers that can do this that I know of.

Thanx.....Gunny

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Gunny, the newer Canon Pro printers can now print on DVD’s as standard in the US and can be picked up for a song on Craig’s list.. ;)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Of the Canon printers sold in the US the top models in the consumer level range of photo printers and photo all-in-ones also can do CD printing. Check out models MG7120 and MG7720 that are all in ones with CD print capability. The iP8720 and iP7220 are photo printers with CD print capability.

Models MG7120, iP8720 and iP7220 use the PGI-250/CLI-251 cartridges for which refillable 3rd party cartridges with ARC chips exist. Model MG7720 use the similar PGI-270/CLI-271 cartridges for which no compatible cartridges are available.

The CD printing in Canon US model printers was disabled due to patent reasons. So it looks like either a patent has expired or Canon has accepted to pay royalties, as select models of Canon printers sold in the US now can do CD printing.

Last edited:

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Hat....Ya I have noticed that and on Ebay too there must have been some good rebate or something going on with that Pro 100 because there are a ton of them with the bar code taken off the box. Ya that probably would be a better choice than messing with this one. I was mainly doing this because to satisfy my curiosity to what is wrong with it, and naturally fix it....

Hi Peter... Ya thanx for the info....I really like Canon printers every one I have had did a great job and were easy to set up, etc. I don't do the photo thing just plain printing and doing the DVD/CD's hardly ever use the Fax and once in a while do the scanning.

WOW one guy from Ireland and one from Denmark great talking to you both....

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi gang

Well some good news.. I got the printer to work I had it do several test pages color is great...But the DVD/CD tray still don't work...And one other problem is it has the duplex device hanging on the back of it but when I go to set up the duplex in preferences it is grayed out.. Is this because the drivers for it was not included or what.

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi gang

An update I got the duplex to work the unit on the back was not mounted right...So all is left to make this a great little printer is to get the CD/DVD tray to wok properly.

Thanx....Gunny

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Models MG7120, iP8720 and iP7220 use the PGI-250/CLI-251 cartridges for which refillable 3rd party cartridges with ARC chips exist. Model MG7720 use the similar PGI-270/CLI-271 cartridges for which no compatible cartridges are available.

The PGl-270 / CLl-271 compatibles are now available from China, so it’s only a matter of time before they will appear on eBay..
570.PNG