Print to DVD disk

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Gang

I was given this Epson RX680 printer and I want to use the print on a DVD disk option...Before I download the drivers I was just messing with it to see what works and what don't work... I pressed the DVD tray button and the tray moved up into position and then moved right back where it started...With and error message that read remove anything blocking the tray which there was nothing in the way of it. Like I said I have not downloaded any drivers for it yet.. In order for the tray to operate properly do I have to download them....?

Any and all ideas will be accepted..

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Gang

Don't tell me no one has any answers to my problem yet.... :)

Thanx....Gunny

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Gang

Am I not giving you all enough info on this...Not a single person even WOW.. I thought this was a well used forum

Thanx...Gunny

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Gunny, It certainly is a well used forum but not everyone is online all together, so give it more time.

That said I don’t use Epson printers but when I get a new printer I always install the necessary drivers before attempting to use it, that way I can tell if I’ve gotten a lemon or not, and yes I’ve got a few of them over time too. ;)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Install the drivers and the Disk Printing utility!
Joe

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi jtoolman

So you are saying this is normal without the proper drivers installed.

Thanx.....Gunny

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I would now know 100% but that is one way to find out! I had an artisan 720 that had a built in disc printer but that one actually worked straight from the printer and it would come out, you place the disc to be printed in the tray and then you needed to send the image to be printed to it via your PC or Laptop and Disc printing software from EPSON. Now that I take a closer look at your original post, you do say that your tray comes out but then goes back in and you get an error.
So there is something possibly blocking the tray somewhere!!!! Thus the error and the notice.

Joe

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

Ya the receiver for the tray comes up what looks like the right position, sits there for a split second and then goes back down where it came from.. When it comes up and pauses for a second there is nothing in front of it blocking it.. I am having trouble finding the right drivers for it and Win 7..

Thanx....Gunny

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Wait. What part of the world are you in? Cause I can't find that in the USA EPSON Site.
Joe

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi.... I am in San Jose, Ca. Are you putting in Epson RX680...It was bought right here in the good old USA

Thanx....Gunny