Pixma Pro 1 pink banding

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Yet another clear example of the old axiom that the amount of experience gained equals the amount of equipment ruined! :barnie That phrase again..... I wish I had known that sooner. :idunno:(
oh well - that's no different to Epson printers..................

Gcom

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
The printhead has finally arrived after visiting various parts of the country and engaging in winter sports. I shall try to install this pm. Fingers crossed. Watch this space.;)

Gcom

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
@The Hat Printhead arrived yesterday and as you advised I left it in the room with the printer overnight to come up to temperature. I followed the instructions. I scrubbed up, donned the necessary blue service overalls and with a perspiring brow I performed the transplant. After nervous minutes, replacement of some ink, etc the white light stayed on. I ran a printhead alignment and nozzle check and scrutinised the results. :ya So far so good. I estimated about a quarter of each cartridge of ink had gone {£50) I then proceeded to print 5 A4 colour images and they came out beautifully!:weeeNo warnings received so it looks as if the advert for a large brick useful for anchoring boats, holding down kites or propping doors open bearing the letters C A N O N on the side will not be needed (at this point)
I am most grateful to this site for its advice and support and in particular to The Hat for sharing his knowledge and experience:thumbsup:bow:bow:bow My brick is ALIVE:celebrate:clap:) Me is a happy person due to The Hat. :frow

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Gcom, That is fantastic news, and despite what you say it’s all down to you and well done, now go and enjoy your electronic brick as much as like, that is untill you run out of wall space.. :hugs :lol: