Pixma Pro-1 B200 Error

buddy62

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Hi folks, just switched my Pixma Pro-1 on, printed out a 6" x 4" perfectly, then went to print another and got an Error B200 (alternate lights flashing 10 times), tried switching it off for a while but to no avail. Used on a weekly basis, low mileage, always had canon ink, well looked after, no drops or bumps. I know there`s a service mode and tool, not sure if that would help? Seen various magic wonder fixes on you tube but not tried them yet, then found this forum, can anyone out there point me in the right direction.... Advice/tools/manual etc.

Cheers!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
a B200 error on Canon printers typically is a serious problem with the printhead, a unrepairable defect. There are some entries on the internet showing repair attempts, disabling particular contacts, changing a chip and whatever else, it may work for a short while in a few cases, but there is a risk as well that the printhead could damage the controller board. Do not turn on the unit again until you get some more qualified input by the other Canon users here

buddy62

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the advice, will leave it switched off for now..