Pixma 780 nozzle check problem

diggerdave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't get the message across. Let me try again. There was no print out from the dye inks. I then followed your advice by placing a drop of Windex on the small mesh on the print head. I saw some improvement and repeated the process because it continued to improve. after the 6th time the nozzle check pattern actually was worse than the previous time. I tried the Windex process one more time with the resulting printout being worse than the previous one. I felt as though this procedure had stop helping and moved on to your next suggestion.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
At some point, could you upload a copy of your nozzle check? It will be helpful in determining how much hope there is to get your printer working again. Use the Upload link at the top of this page.

diggerdave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Now that I've uploaded the images, how do I insert them in a post?

diggerdave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried putting some Windex on the individual cartridge pads and got very good results on the check nozzle printout.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
diggerdave said:
Now that I've uploaded the images, how do I insert them in a post?
Click on the Upload link at the top of this page again then scroll down to the "My uploads" link near the bottom right corner. Right-click on the Image text for the picture you want to insert and select Copy. Then when you are creating or editing the post you want to insert the image in, right-click where you want it to appear and select Paste. You can click on the Preview button below where you are entering text and it will let you see how it will look and allow you to continue editing.

You could have also right-clicked on the Image text immediately after uploading the picture without having to go the "My uploads".

diggerdave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here is the series of nozzle check printouts while putting Windex on the screens and the purge pad. I ran a couple with out doing the Windex during the process and those are noted on the images.

5117_nozzle_check_1_2.jpg

5117_nozzle_check_3_4.jpg

5117_nozzle_check_5_6.jpg

5117_nozzle_check_7_8.jpg

5117_nozzle_check_9_10.jpg

5117_nozzle_check_ons.jpg

The following image is of the nozzle checks I ran after treating the pads on the cartridges with Windex.

5117_nc_after_cleaning_cartridge.jpg

The image posts aren't that great. Let me know if you would like me to post the full size.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I only need to see the last nozzle check that you have done in full size and preferably on glossy photo paper.

diggerdave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here is the final nozzle check. It's looking pretty good.

5117_final_check.jpg

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, the normal nozzle check looks pretty good but to be absolutely sure, you should do an extended nozzle check by following these instructions. This will let you see the output from each individual nozzle.

diggerdave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here is the extended nozzle check.

5117_extended_nozzle_chec_k.jpg