Paper / Printer profiling with ArgyllCms and EFI ES 1000 for a newbie

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
now that i have a profile for the Ferrania Optijet Matte Paper i would like to try it
You need to stick here in this post and not be posting in other threads at the same time, it’s as confusing as hell as it is trying to keep track of your posts.. Be a bit fair..

rickmolse

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson n1000
Choosing a dedicated software team mlsdev.com/services/ui-ux-design is the best way to minimize risk in software development. Using a team of developers will ensure the quality of the product, while limiting the uncertainty of hiring developers. A dedicated team will also reduce the cost of developing a new application. As a result, you can hire developers and focus on your core competencies. They'll take on most of the day-to-day work for you, and will save you the headache of recruiting and onboarding new employees.

Last edited:

Graeme Gill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1800
Does someone know the unit of the Total lamp usage indicate from argyllcms software ?
Note that the ArgyllCMS driver doesn't update this. (I thought it prudent not to mess with the instrument EEProm).

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Note that the ArgyllCMS driver doesn't update this.
I don't get it - you use the spectro - and the usage time does not get updated ?
The i1Pro diags should tell you as well the usage time - how does it compare ?

Graeme Gill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R1800
I don't get it - you use the spectro - and the usage time does not get updated ?
It's not like the instrument has some mechanical hours counter in it. It relies on the driver software to count usage time and update the non-voltile memory in the instrument. And as I explained, it seemed safer not to write to the instrument EEPROM, given that the format is complex and not documented or standardize. (Can't be blamed for bricking the instrument if my code doesn't change it!)