Oktoinkjet Ink is not a problem

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
but every time a deep wash is done ink is consumed
The Pro 1’s middle name is “Wasting ink”, because that’s what it does perfectly even when it won’t print a single sheet, I do hope you get your printer sorted, because it’s capable of producing magnificent prints… ;)

Mario77

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
I am very satisfied with the Pro 1! I consider it a good printer and I will keep it until it works. After the print head, if an almost full buffer error appears, I will remove it and remove the ink pad to wash it. A guy in Italy has taken the Pro 1 apart, washed the pad and reassembled everything.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
A guy in Italy has taken the Pro 1 apart, washed the pad and reassembled everything.
No I’m sorry that won’t work, unless you can reset the ink waste counter first, then it is possible to fit your own Printer Potty, and leave the waste pads as is, I’ve got the instruction on how to..;)

Mario77

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
Good morning! I replaced the print head with a new one. But as you can see from the images I haven't solved ...the printer does not print on glossy and semi-gloss papers. Print lines only. I did a system wash but it doesn't work. For the moment I will use the printer only on matte paper. Then I take a Canon Pro 1000, but this time I only use OEM inks.
I think this is a logic board problem because the print head is new. Or I'll keep two printers. The Pro 1 with matte paper and Oktoinkjet inks, the Pro 1000 with original inks.

There is always the central line on the PBK and does not move from there. Now I have removed the plug from the wall and I will leave the printer at least 24 hours, but surely this will not solve.

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_180843.jpg
    IMG_20191202_180843.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20191202_180901.jpg
    IMG_20191202_180901.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 279

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hi Mario, Already responded to your earlier email so that's in your inbox. Coming back to the Photo Black issue though, I would say the next sensible step would be to try ruling out the Photo black by investing in a single OEM PGI-29 PBK cartridge, installing it and then doing a purge to ensure that the lines are clear of any of the compatible ink. Then allow a rest for half an hour before testing things out. Chances are the purge won't completely clear the lines so a few test prints with breaks between... and if other Pro-1 users recommend it, a second purge to be sure..

It's a serious waste of ink and it may not work out as hoped but if it does prove an issue with the compatible ink then there's something for me to investigate further.

I should note, we're not expecting it to be an issue, as this is not something we're seeing with other Pro-1 users at all, and the inks we have are over 18 months in circulation now. But I'm not going to assume either...

Your call but just thought I'd see if anyone else was thinking along the same lines...

Mario77

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
Tomorrow I will run to get a PBK cartridge, the print head cannot be because it is new, I will do a system wash on block 1. Then I will rest the printer for 1 hour. After the first prints you should already see some improvements. Honestly, I can't think of anything else. At least we can exclude any possible error or problem.