Oem, Refilled Or Filled By Me Cartridges Workforce Wp 4530

Bob J

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Workforce 4530
Just picked up a Workforce WP-4530 and it's our first Epson printer. Question is, what would be the best option? Buy new cartridges (least desirable), buy already refilled cartridges, or buy refillable by me cartridges and supplies to do it.
This printer takes the 676XL cartridges. Based on the quantity of the ink in the cartridges, we probably won't need refills very often except for the black. Often being maybe once every 6 months or so??

We've always had HP all in one printers in the past, and never could find a reliable source for refilled HP cartridges that were consistent in their operation and quality of print, so I'm a little gun shy there unless there's a known quality refilled cartridge supplier someone knows of on this forum
Thanks....

RDK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
There are many; but I am using "Precision Colours". Just google and follow the links. Prices are low but quality is high and advice and support are excellent.
Best of luck.
Dick K.

I am surprised someone didn't reply to you sooner.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The ink cartridges last a very long time. I don't see the point in refilling. The Epson ink is great.

nowhere

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WFP4630, WFP4540, HP LJ
The Workforce is a good printer and Epson does make great ink. Most OEMs make great ink as well as many competitors. How long the ink lasts doesn't change the relative price advantage of quality refills. Amazon sells a set of 4 Epson 676XLs for $118.50, decently rated alternative XL sets from around $15 and 100ml refillable sets starting around $50 per.

I've used OEM and currently a refillable set. The ink works well but I'm having a few issues with the chips. I expect to resolve things one way or the other and stay with refillable. The savings are worth the effort ... to me.

I hope to get feedback from users with more experience.

Last edited:

nowhere

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WFP4630, WFP4540, HP LJ
Another option is to refill your Epson OEM cartridges. The following YouTube offers detailed instructions. You will need an Epson chip re setter which will also reset the waste tank. I've never tried this or used the vendor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kxQPn6js7A

http://www.inkproducts.com/

I think my refill cart chip issue is resolved by re-positioning the problem chips.