Now you've calibrated everything: what lights do you use?

Dimitris Servis

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mp640, R3000, R200
Hi everyone

Your tips are excellent! I actually let prints rest at least 24 hours so I usually print early afternoon and frame the next evening. I will order some SoLux lamps from the UK (I found a seller in Switzerland that charges x3 ...). But I want to try also with leds and see what I get.

OK here's an audacious thought: what if I combine say 2x2700K and 2x4000K dimmable led bulbs in one fixture? What do I get? A mess?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
And how many feet of snow first … :lol: :lol:

That's the wife's job. Local police have an initiative to fine motorists $150 if their car is not cleared of snow before going on the highway. My wife is the ultimate Canadian -(ie: Obey all rules all the time under all circumstance) and is paranoid the cops will get me.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Yeah, but it keeps the skunky beer cold, eh?

Ah somebody who understand the "True North". Having to thaw out your beer after driving home from the beer store.

...and we thought this thread was about lighting!

Dimitris Servis

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mp640, R3000, R200
Thought so but had the question mainly because I see some photo /video led lights that control color temperature use similar concepts

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
OK here's an audacious thought: what if I combine say 2x2700K and 2x4000K dimmable led bulbs in one fixture? What do I get? A mess?
Thought so but had the question mainly because I see some photo /video led lights that control color temperature use similar concepts
For anyone that is interested in the technical aspects of LED lighting, from the basic technology to colour rendition of different types of lamp, the Soraa web site has some very good papers. Soraa are manufacturers of LED lamps but the papers here (at least the ones I've looked at) are peer-reviewed so should be unbiased. You can find links to the papers at http://www.soraa.com/resources/tech-papers The paper "A Critical Advance...." by Benya is particularly good. It seems that there are LED lamps that give very good colour rendition, as long as you are prepared to pay the price!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you for the links :). I have bookmarked the Soraa page and downloaded "A Critical Advance....".

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
That's the wife's job. Local police have an initiative to fine motorists $150 if their car is not cleared of snow before going on the highway. My wife is the ultimate Canadian -(ie: Obey all rules all the time under all circumstance) and is paranoid the cops will get me.
I remember quite a few years ago....oh, wait...not consistently remembering....anyway, someone was writing about herd mentality, I'll call it. He mentioned observing a woman, one late rainy night, in a Swiss city, standing at the curb, waiting for the "Walk" sign permission. Not a car in sight in any direction.

Perhaps I'm overly sensitive (grin) but it appears that I'm frequently accused here of the "You can't do that!" syndrome. Oh yes I can! And oh yes, sometimes I fall on my face, but generally, I'll look both ways and if there is no car coming, I'm walking!

Warning: Your personal philosophy may be different. It doesn't your are right or wrong, nor me. The world needs both of us.

Dimitris Servis

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mp640, R3000, R200
For anyone that is interested in the technical aspects of LED lighting, from the basic technology to colour rendition of different types of lamp, the Soraa web site has some very good papers. Soraa are manufacturers of LED lamps but the papers here (at least the ones I've looked at) are peer-reviewed so should be unbiased. You can find links to the papers at http://www.soraa.com/resources/tech-papers The paper "A Critical Advance...." by Benya is particularly good. It seems that there are LED lamps that give very good colour rendition, as long as you are prepared to pay the price!
Thanks for the links I will surely take a look at the papers!