Not bad after Six Months..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I needed two prints on glossy paper that had to register with each other so I wasn’t going to chance the Maxify, its good but spot on registration is not one of its finer points. Or waking the the Pro 9500 for a throw away print..

So I cranked up the Auld iP4500 and ran a nozzle check, the pigment black was showing low but I was not going to use that ink so I proceeded to print off my two prints and all went well, only then did I refill the pigment black cart, and it had been so long since I did that I’d forgot to reset the chip first..
First Nozzle check.. Untitled-11.jpg After cart change Untitled-22.jpg click to enlarge..
This old girl seems indestructible..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
She just needed to stretch her legs for a bit and then was ready for business. :woot

Are the dark horizontal lines in the second nozzle check's middle Cyan swath an artifact of scanning/image compression?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are the dark horizontal lines in the second nozzle check's middle Cyan swath an artifact of scanning/image compression?
The whole nozzle check is a bit dodgy because I was having a bit of trouble with the scanner, the setting were all wrong because I had scanned the page @ 720dpi by mistake..

Here's one done with the camera and improved…The ironic part was the nozzle checks were terrible at one stage on the printer and that's why I bought the Maxify.. See what I know…:duc
Untitled-1.jpg click to enlarge..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
The IP4500 is a terrific printer and it's likely to last you forever, provided the printhead won't perish up all of a sudden. I hadn't much luck with mine (the printhead I mean). By the time that whole blocks of nozzles started to die, there were no more genuine new printheads available. As a last ressource, I played the AliExpress lottery with a refurbished unit but my number didn't win. :mad:

Insidious question : which one do you prefer , IP4500 or Maxify ? ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I had a chance to compare an image printed by my Maxify 5120 and an MX860 (1 Pigment 4 Dye-ink cartridges) on Canon 4x6 Glossy photo paper. The Maxify looked very good on its own and in comparison to the old MX860 dye-ink printer. Additionally, the Maxify printed faster.

The Maxify is no high caliber photo image printer, and the quality differences may become more pronounced the larger the image, but it does a very good job, at least with my one and only Glossy photo paper print out test.

Very happy. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Insidious question : which one do you prefer , IP4500 or Maxify ?
The prints on the iP4500 look way better than the Maxify on glossy paper but on Matte the Maxify wins hands down, the 4500 has the same four colours as the Maxify but it also has the extra pigment black.

So to try and compare them both is impossible, the 4500 has more than 54,000 on this print head.. I do like the convenience of the Maxify, it’s no trouble at all, and I’ve just got a set of HP inks for the Maxify from AliExpress that should go well..

inks.JPG click to enlarge...

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The prints on the iP4500 look way better than the Maxify on glossy paper but on Matte the Maxify wins hands down, the 4500 has the same four colours as the Maxify but it also has the extra pigment black.

So to try and compare them both is impossible, the 4500 has more than 54,000 on this print head.. I do like the convenience of the Maxify, it’s no trouble at all, and I’ve just got a set of HP inks for the Maxify from AliExpress that should go well..

View attachment 10781 click to enlarge...

€ 50 a litre shipping included, not bad.
But you would need more BK than colours.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
On Ebay, Inktec for Maxify is a bit cheaper than that. You get 1.25 ltr ( two 250ml bottles of black and one 250ml bottle of C/M/Y ) for 54.80 euro -ship. included.
This one from AliExpress seems to be a non specified chinese brand. Maybe quite good, maybe not so much.

@The Hat, please let us know your experiences with this ink. That is, after some time of using it.