Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
This is how I see your post on IE11:

TheHat1.png

This is after a Ctrl + :

TheHat2.png

It looks like you hit "Enter" after "cable,", "O/S" and "again,".

Test:

Try uninstalling everything for that printer, then turn the printer off and unplug the USB cable, next turn off your computer fully but don’t do a reboot, use a complete shut-down.

Now restart you computer, install the USB cable and turn on the printer then let the O/S find and install the print drivers for you, make sure you’re connected to the web first.

That should work for you and your printer will be back printing properly again, I have an i865 and that’s all I did to get mine working..

This is the preview of this post:

TheHat3.png

This is how it turned up:

TheHat4.png

Attachments

• TheHat3.png
    TheHat3.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
The preview isn't meant to be a 100% match, and it won't be because of the width preview of the screen. The preview is for previewing of the fonts, colors, inserted images, etc.

I think either way, it's a good idea to get out of the habit of using the hard return at the end of each line. As you move from device to device with different screen sizes, you'll notice why.

BTW, this also explains why even on the old system many of your longer posts looked wonky to me on different screens... it's that bloody hard return. ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
this also explains why even on the old system many of your longer posts looked wonky to me on different screens... it's that bloody hard return. ;)
I hear you Rob. Many here look wonky to me whatever they're typing. :lol:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
This post clearly shows the difference in behaviour between hard and soft line feeds: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/is-my-9500-nozzle-test-normal.8369/page-2#post-65510 , when changing the zoom or the width of the browser window.

Paragraph #3 about how to enter service mode was copied and pasted from the service manual and only slightly edited, meaning the line feeds are hard. I could have edited out the hard line feeds, but I didn't think of the problem, and the post looked OK with the window width and degree of zoom I was using.

The rest of the post was written using the editor's soft line shifts, i.e. only hitting ENTER for a new paragraph.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The preview isn't meant to be a 100% match, and it won't be because of the width preview of the screen. The preview is for previewing of the fonts, colors, inserted images, etc.

I think either way, it's a good idea to get out of the habit of using the hard return at the end of each line. As you move from device to device with different screen sizes, you'll notice why.

BTW, this also explains why even on the old system many of your longer posts looked wonky to me on different screens... it's that bloody hard return. ;)
So Rob, you have answered my question as to why the two are different,
where as me not being of sound mind taught they would be the very same,
that was my problem all a long (Stupid). :barnie

I will amend my ways and conform to the new style forthwith and normal service will resume. :duc

stratman said:
I hear you Rob. Many here look wonky to me whatever they're typing. :lol:
Forgive stratman folks he doesn’t get out much these days.. :old :gig

Now that I’ve got that out of the way phew, I was wondering Rob if..... :D
Is it possible to add a couple of time clocks to the forum task bar or anywhere
to reflect the different time zones that member are in ?
Yes / No or Get the hell out of it Mate… :hide

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Interesting idea regarding time zones. Currently if you click a user's location it will take you to a map that will show you generally which area and time zone they are in, but maybe clocks would be helpful too. I'll add it to the list of suggestions!

Regarding hard returns: I'm my mom's official tech-support person. When she first started using Microsoft Word, it would take her HOURS and HOURS to edit documents and make changes. It turned out she would hard return after every single line, so any time she wanted to go back into documents and add / remove text, change formatting, fonts, etc. she had to delete the hard returns and put in new ones, so everything lined up properly on her screen. It was painful to watch her go through the process. It took her a few years to learn to just let the system automatically wrap text to the new lines, but once she figured it out, she was able to save herself a TON of time and hassle. Oh, and people getting her documents on the other side didn't end up with super wonky text when their screen dimensions were different from her own.