@nn Not Working?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The post above illustrates exactly what I was referring to..

The word editor is on separate line to the rest of the sentence

And again with the word there, plus line breaks are also missing.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
What I'm seeing in your post looks like you are using hard returns when typing. If you're not hitting the return key after the end of each line, then perhaps you have a plugin or something causing a problem.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to duplicate it and I've not heard others report of the same problem.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Are you hitting the enter key / doing hard returns at the end of your lines while typing?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are you hitting the enter key / doing hard returns at the end of your lines while typing?
I am still looking into what I could possibly be doing wrong,
and yes I do hit the return key at the end of a sentence !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Moving further along with the problem I’m having with the text editor here is another example of what is happening.
Text Preview.JPG

Here in the screen shot is the Preview of my reply before it was posted and if you look at the post #2 you’ll see the difference, but there shouldn’t be a difference should there.. ?
http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...rs-unable-to-find-a-core-driver-package.8372/

The same anomaly is happening in this reply also !

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I think the problem is that you are hitting the enter key after each line, like you would do on a typewriter. New websites need to have dynamic screen widths since there are millions of different screen sizes (from a 3" mobile to a 30" monitor) and the text needs to be able to dynamically shift accordingly. If everyone saw the same thing that they typed, it would cause havok on many screens that were different from the one you are using.

If you only use the enter key / hard return after paragraphs and not after individual lines, the problem should be resolved.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Here in the screen shot is the Preview of my reply before it was posted and if you look at the post #2 you’ll see the difference, but there shouldn’t be a difference should there.. ?
http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...rs-unable-to-find-a-core-driver-package.8372/

The same anomaly is happening in this reply also !

The post #2 is the same as in your screenshot, I see no difference. Try hitting Ctrl+0, maybe you zoomed in the page and that's giving you problems. But, before you do that, could you post a screenshot of post #2, as you see it?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Take this post as an example: http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...rs-unable-to-find-a-core-driver-package.8372/

While viewing that post, resize the browser window to be 3/4 wide, then 1/2, then 1/4 wide and you'll see that the hard returns will cause problems with the layout. In general, people shouldn't ever be using hard returns at the end of lines (i.e., carriage returns) when typing on computers with dynamic resizing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Rob I know exactly what you’re saying makes sense but why is the preview different to the post ?

OK Tudor here is the screen shots together one is the preview again and the other is the post !
Text Preview.JPG

screen 2.JPG