Nik Software Collection is now FREE

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

This software package is aimed at the more advanced photographer. To use this properly, you MUST pretty much have your monitor calibrated and the B&W module Siver Efex Pro is my favorite one.

Now that it is free, there is no reason not to get it and with the savings....go get some hardware to calibrate the monitors. Of course the use of proper ICC profiles that allows close screen matching is also ideal.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I note compatibility with Win 7 & 8, but no mention of 10. I wonder if this is just timing or a real problem.

I have used it to produce a B&W version of the Spring with Victoria Plum image. No doubt with more time and thought it could be more artistic!

Spring with Victoria Plum 2.JPG

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I installed it as a set of filters for Photoshop 7, and they open fine, BUT THE FILTERED RESULT DOES NOT SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFER BACK TO PHOTOSHOP 7 UPON "ACTIVATING" THE FILTER!!

Photoshop seems to act like it did, as the "undo filter", "fade filter", and action history show the filter being used, but I only have what I started with appearing on the screen.

Anybody know what I need to do to make these filters "work"?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
When the editing is finished in Nik and it is closed, it is carried back into Photoshop and should be saved under a different name. Are you trying to restore the edits done in Nik within photoshop?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
When editing is finished in Nik and I close Nik, the original image appears in Photoshop (as if no editing was performed), rather than the edited image. That's the issue.

Other installed filters (Topaz and others) bring the edited image back...

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Actually, ONE filter in the collection DOES import back, HDR EFX Pro 2. I note that when I click "OK" after editing, it goes through a "saving image" step before closing. The other Nik filters do not do this.
Do you see a "saving image" step when clicking OK on the other filters?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just used viveza, adjusted the curve. Click OK and then the adjustment reappears in Photoshop CS5. Only Nik filters installed. Same results for Silver Efex.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
FIXED!! Uninstalled and re-installed Nik. Now seems to work on all filters!!