Newbie with clicking Pixma MP620

ajw1100

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Plan A just went out the window, I spoke to an engineer at TaskTron and he reckons the fault is with the 'First Drive' unit which can only be replaced as a unit and individual spares for this part are not available. The cost of the unit is 50, labour to fit it 39.50 + VAT so that without the cost of sending it to them is going to cost 107.40, he did not say how much they charge to send it back. I have my new MG5350 for much less than the repair price on the 620

It seems so annoying that in this economic climate we are still chucking potentially good items away because of 2p worth of plastic that you cannot buy, so its not worth repairing.

I will use the 620 until it dies :hit

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Regards

Alan.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
ajw1100 said:
It seems so annoying that in this economic climate we are still chucking potentially good items away because of 2p worth of plastic that you cannot buy, so its not worth repairing.
Welcome to the modern disposable world! Fortunately, this Forum and others with similar purpose do our best to keep some plastic and other materials out of the world's landfills. Countless hundreds of printers have had their lives extended and thosands (millions?) of inkjet cartridges now have more lives than the proverbial nine for cats. The reality is that only high end printers and other devices are worth taking to a shop for repairs.