Newb with a Stylus R220

KevinWB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey folks. I just joined this forum, as I have questions about my R220. I bought my CIS about 5 years ago and everything was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 7. When I tried using the printer after this, I got a message telling me that it was not compatible with Windows 7, and that I had to upgrade the driver. After doing this, my printer will not work, as I get a message telling me that I do not have Epson cartridges. Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to spend the money for 6 new cartridges as they are very expensive. I might as well buy a new printer for what they would cost. Please keep reply's as simple as possible as I am not a computer Guru by any stretch.

Thanks very much
Kevin

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Welcome to the forum. I don't have my Epson R220 any longer or Win7 so I can't help you directly, but I did have a CIS on it when I used it. I can't imagine that it would tell you it doesn't have Epson cartridges, but what you're seeing.

Did you install the driver from here:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows&x=33&y=11

If the printer is still working for you, hopefully some Win7 Epson users will post soon to get you going.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The Epson printer driver will indicate that it sees you are not using genuine Epson but it should not stop you from proceeding. Read the pop up dialogue carefully and don't panic.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Can anyone with a Windows 7 operating system confirm whether you can use the usual "Disable Epson Status Monitor" trick to stop the irritating message from popping up.. I'm still on WinXP myself so not checked.

The trick is:
- locate printer
- right click and go to printer preferences
- choose "maintenance" tab
- click on the "Speed & Progress" tab
- locate the "Disable status monitor" item (or variation of wording)
- tick the relevant box
- click "Apply" and "Ok"

Should resolve it and remove the nag...

KevinWB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey Folks. I guess I did panic a bit, but I unistalled all the drivers, reinstalled the original disk, and then upgraded the drivers, and all seems to be good. I am also not getting the message about not having the Epson cartridges any longer. Have no idea what I did, but it worked.

Thanks for the help.
Kevin