New Light Standard Design... I hope...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
P.S. Let’s see what the weather can do to it....
Well I got some bad news today, my standard Lamp is no more, Ciara came through here this morning without a taught and flattened the lamp standard, the base gave way and it caused the lamp to wobble at the bottom which broke the top off.. :mad:

Now I have a lamp that’s in many pieces, but the good part is the top withstood everything that this bitch could muster and it held together, it’s just a pity the bottom wasn’t bolted down good enough..

I reckon the CR-10 printer will have to cancelled its well-deserved rest and preform the same task once again..
P.S. Buddha must do better... :fl:lol:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Was wondering how it would stand up to Ciara - blowing a gale here at the moment :(

On the plus side console yourself that the lamp took the damage and not the house and no injuries occurred. Mk3 will rise from the ashes :)

Don't blame the little pot-bellied chap as he once said...

“I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.”
Buddha

Get the CR10 cranked up!

PS - love the 3D hat but it needs your Shamrock to finish it off ;)

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sorry to hear this.

What do you think would improve your design to withstand future storms - metal inserts to reinforce?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
What do you think would improve your design to withstand future storms - metal inserts to reinforce?
Make the Feckin thing in Concrete… :lol: Seriously, I’m working on that right now, you may have gathered that my engineering skills are not up to scratch.. but I’m sure Budd and me will think of something bright..
Get the CR10 cranked up!
Time to get the CR-10 warmed up to replace the broken parts, it will take 6 to 8 weeks to be ready for switch on AGAIN…
PS - love the 3D hat but it needs your Shamrock to finish it off
Fixing the hat is far easier…:hugs
Don't blame the little pot-bellied chap as he once said...
“I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.”
Buddha would have a different attitude on Philosophy if the thing had landed on his Feckin head…:lol:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just an Update...
Now that I’ve had to postpone the maintenance on the CR-10 because of the rebuild of my Standard Lamp, I’ve noticed the Nozzle head heat is varying by a few degrees, I'm currently set at 214 c but the heat climbs up to 217c and down to 211 c..

It does this every so often but not all the time, so I reckon I may need to add a new motherboard to my list of replacement parts, in case I lose the heat completely, I really miss the End-2 to help me with the rebuild.

I have completed my examination of the damaged lamp and can save many of the parts that survived or got damaged in the fall, I'm able to reprint some of the damaged bits, without having to completely replace all of that part.
This 3D stuff is just amazing, it's better than Lego..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
It may be a failing Thermistor or the Motherboard, hard to tell, but if you have a spare hotend with a new thermistor you could swap them and see if it makes any difference.

Before you do any swap there is another possibility, but I think you would have noticed this before now if it were the case...

There were some motherboards sold with a wrong capacitor that casued a similar effect. To check that, when the machine is switched on next time just let it sit for a while at rooom temp without bed heat or hotend heating and watch the temperature. It should remain stable within a degree or so. If it's jumping all over the places the chances are you have a motherboard with the faulty capacitor.

I'd bet it is the thermistor but I could be wrong ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'd bet it is the thermistor but I could be wrong
Thanks @Redbrickman for the sound advice, that something I’ll be checking when I get the chance to do a full strip down maintenance procedure on this girl, I have neglected her for far too long.. (Added to my list)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Just watch your layer strength if it is fluctuating like that because it could affect the bonding strength of the layers and you need it to be solid for the lamp parts ;)

Latest posts