New Light Standard Design... I hope...

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
In my case wild temperature fluctuations were caused by the heater cartridge and thermister working loose and moving around during fast head movements.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What's a PID calibration... ?
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease? :idunno

Where has your printer been? Better get it up in stirrups for a look see.

The following has instruction for PID tuning. So easy a kid can do it. ;)

Disregard the giveaway crap at the beginning. There are more videos on YouTube about this made by adults for different printers / software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar2fWAl82HY

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ciara came through here this morning without a taught and flattened the lamp standard, the base gave way and it caused the lamp to wobble at the bottom which broke the top off
ugh, sorry to hear this!
I reckon the CR-10 printer will have to cancelled its well-deserved rest and preform the same task once again.
well, that's a silver lining, no?

I definitely haven't been printing as much as I would like lately. Maybe I need something to break?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks guys for the help and encouragement, but when it comes to altering the Firmware on these printers, I like to leave that to those that know what they’re doing.

Because you wouldn’t catch me Frigging around in any printer firmware, I know much easier and quicker ways to kill a motherboard.. I’m firmware illiterate and wish to stay that way, besides I’m still using the original CURA 15.04.6

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Because you wouldn’t catch me Frigging around in any printer firmware, I know much easier and quicker ways to kill a motherboard
Yup, same with me! I'll fiddle around with a lot of the bits on my computer, but I have no interest in messing with the motherboard or firmware!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Up-date… On the Mark 3..

I’ve come to a crossroads with the Standard Lamp, I got the upright column back in place, and only need to pour the last bit of concrete around the base, hopefully I’ve got it right this time and it won’t suffer the same faith as the previous two did.

I’ve managed to repair the top centre section that got damaged in the fall, it wasn’t easy to matched the two pieces back together again, but it’s finally ready for fitting, I still have to make one new lantern and repair two others, and this is where the bigger CR-10 is needed.

I don’t reckon I can finish the Standard lamp any time soon, maybe mid-April if I’m lucky, because the power supply for the CR-10 is still in cloud cuckoo land and the tracking isn’t working, ok it’s only been two weeks but if feel like forever right now..

I can’t start back on any of the upgrades for the CR-10 till I’m finished the Lamp Standard, plus I’m using the Ender-2’s upgrades as a Guinee pig for the CR-10, it’s a toss-up between using two new different types of Linear rails…