New Epson R2000 arrived broken from OEM.

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
So you might remember my exploding ink/waste ink tray issue on the R1900. I decided to save my money and purchased a refurb R2000 from Epson directly.

It arrived yesterday!!

I opened the box and small bits fell out of the bag with the single feed paper tray. It had been smashed on one side. I contacted Epson of course and after 20 minutes of hold, 3 different reps and an hour later I was told they will need to replace the whole printer. OK. Fine.

But they don't have any in stock so call back when I see them on the website.

So I guess I am just supposed to sit on this printer until a replacement happens? Thanks Epson.

I'm going to try and fire it up soon, it looks like I can get a replacement tray for 15.00 (why can't they just send the tray?) Would anyone recommend against this? They never said not to use it!

Uugh.

Anyway if this works I need some recommendations for continuous ink supply and fun happy things :)

Wish me luck! Maybe I'll have a printer that's not DOA this time

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sorry to hear about the damage. Not EPSON's fault but the shipper's
Once you get the R2000 set up your will love it.

You should consider using OEM carts from EBAY. The sell from $15 to $25 a full set.
There's not comparison between the difference between OEM inks and ANY 3rd party inks for the R2000.
Unless you are printing to non glossy media then 3rd party will work fine after some profiling. But if you plan on printing to glossy, them OEM is simply the choice!

The next least problematic option is refillable carts.
This is my video on using refillable carts on the R2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2wuzwezxM

A CISS would be my last choice.
Inkjetcarts has a good one.

http://store.inkjetcarts.us/epson-d...m-refillable-epson-r2000-rwtf-chip-p6345.aspx

Joe

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Id send the whole thing back for refund and purchase either something else or wait till they have more than one in stock. You do not know what other damaged has occurred and going and buying new parts for it kinda defeats the purpose of buying a cheaper refurb in the first place.

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
That's the problem. They do not have another one---so they won't replace it until they do. Which could be a week, or weeks. They don't do returns on refurbs, only exchanges for the same product.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
In the USA, "refurbished" or not, the vendor is typically responsible for getting your delivery to you undamaged, particularly if EPSON paid the shipping ("free shipping"). EPSON MUST accept a damage claim from shipping. It is up to YOU to press this point.

You may have to contact EPSON again and press a shipping damage claim. You will will have to act with the shipping company to process this claim, but EPSON should take the lead. It may be too late to file the claim, as it should be done promptly upon noticing shipping damage.

Get your money back, period!

Last edited:

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
I actually contacted Epson as soon as I opened the box. The shipper dropped of the printer next door so I did not even notice the slight damage to the box until they had left.

I have dated and time stamped photos as well of the damage. I pressed the point of replacing my printer for an hour and they were MORE than happy to make that happen but they did not have any more refurbs in stock so I was basically told I was SOL until they get more, whenever that is.

With the problems I am already having I'm not even sure I'll be happy with this printer. It might be less of a headache just outsourcing and paying more as sad as that is. As you can see from my other post I am already having clogged nozzles after 30 minutes of use and 3 prints. *shakes head*

I'm about to give up alltogether. I had such high hopes for getting a printer to make prints of my artwork and photos. I think $400 for 3 photos and one watercolor print is a little high.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Call them back and DEMAND to return the damaged mechandise for a full refund. Speak to someone who can actually make it happen. If all else fails, go to social media a report your case on EPSON's facebook page and the like. You have a right to press this, and THEY KNOW IT!!

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Might be too late now he has fiddled with parts, and started using it. Should of just returned it when damage was noticed, the first thing they are going to ask now is why did you use it if it was damaged. This is also why i do not buy refurbs, a penny saved is a dollar wasted.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Call them back and DEMAND to return the damaged mechandise for a full refund. Speak to someone who can actually make it happen. If all else fails, go to social media a report your case on EPSON's facebook page and the like. You have a right to press this, and THEY KNOW IT!!
Epson wouldn’t mess with the Man from Laramie and get away with it..:woot

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This is also why i do not buy refurbs, a penny saved is a dollar wasted.
I generally agree with you, but, I am currently using with great effect a refurbished Canon MP830 and a reconditioned Vitamix 5200 blender (outstanding local company!). The savings on each was tremendous.